Instructional Designer - Training and Development
The Instructional Designer will work closely with Sales, Product Marketing and SMEs to design and develop best-in-class training experiences including e-learning, ILT/VLT, motion graphics, video, microlearning, and supplementary materials to onboard, up-level and constantly improve our Sales team. The successful candidate will have a solid foundation in instructional design strategies, adult learning theory, authoring tools and LMS platforms. They will also wear multiple hats, playing the role of facilitator, innovator, researcher, creator and developer.
- Design and develop sales programs and curriculum from intake to assessment using creative, innovative, and evidence-based approaches (ADDIE, AGILE, SAM).
- Conduct post-training reviews, assessments and surveys to assess the curriculum and training effectiveness.
- Evaluate, revise, update and enhance existing training content and provide recommendations that will enhance the user experience.
- Conduct needs analysis and create learning solutions that align to the desired outcomes.
- Coordinate, manage and execute multiple training initiatives to meet the required timelines.
- Create and facilitate ILT/VLT training sessions using learning principles that increase engagement and retention.
- Produce high quality and effective blended learning materials, including print, web-based courseware, gamification, micro-learning, social, etc. (Articulate, Captivate, Adobe)
- Apply foundational instructional design theories and practices while exploring innovative methods and modalities.
- Collaborate and manage stakeholders and subject matter experts in the content development process, ensuring alignment, engagement and expectation management.
- Upload and structure courses/content and run/analyze reports within the LMS.
- Support the full range of Sales Training & Development programs including new hire onboarding, role-specific, coaching and sales skills.
- College education or equivalent required. Degree in Business, Instructional Design, Education, Communications or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3-5 years instructional design experience (preferably within sales and financial technology).
- Proficient in elearning software authoring tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate 360
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in industry standard authoring tools and LMS platforms (Lessonly & Highspot a plus)
- Excellent verbal and communication skills and high attention to detail
- Experience in Sales Enablement
- Highly proficient in time management, organization, planning and prioritization.
- Proven initiative, positive attitude, team-oriented, self-motivated and highly enthusiastic.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain focus on key priorities despite conflicting demands.
- Creative writing, storytelling and content creation that captures the attention of the audience and makes an impact.
- Graphic design and video editing experience not required but a huge plus.
WORK SCOPE AND CONTEXT
- Job is focused on sales and technical areas. Must work with extended timeframes and be flexible to changing priorities.
- Decisions are made within guidelines but will be specific to customer, needs and specific requirements. Decisions and service affect revenue, all internal departments and customers and their suppliers.
- Work is primarily self-driven within goals and departmental strategy.
- Job has no supervisory responsibility but will be responsible for influencing many internal departments.
- Position requires regular contact with others - in meetings, by phone or by email. Interactions focus on presentations, problem solving, customer service, relationship building, persuasion and information exchange. Interactions are initiated both phone, email and in person. Headsets are used regularly for phone work.
- Information exchange may include confidential or sensitive information. Revenue generation and relationship building are a primary objective of this position.
- Remote office working conditions. Work requires regular sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer and a telephone. Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week during peak periods. Travel is required
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.6B Annual Revenue
- 100+ Countries
- 2.0B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,500+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2019)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Training
- Job Function EMPLOYEE_NONSALES
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Employee
- Travel Required Yes
- Beaverton, OR, USA