Signicast is growing and looking for a CMM PROGRAMMER. If you’re ready for a new challenge alongside a team energized by innovation and quality, we want to meet you. Working at Signicast means becoming part of a world-class company. Signicast is the largest commercial investment caster in the world (and one of the leading employers in the Metro Milwaukee area). We’re also part of a global corporation (Form Technologies) with 29 facilities across 19 countries. With industry-leading benefits and compensation, and the potential to grow your career with us. Signicast doesn’t just invest in you—we help you invest in a future.
The CMM PROGRAMMER is responsible for developing inspection methods for a variety of challenging cast, machined, and composite material geometries for aerospace, medical, automotive and commercial markets. Signicast is a world leader for product development leadtime, and the CMM PROGRAMMER is essential to this process by developing and completing inspections within days or hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded from time to time to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
- Comply with all safety and health guidelines, quality standard practices/procedures and housekeeping standards
- Develop efficient and accurate inspection methods using a mix of new technologies (CMM, vision, blue light, laser) and traditional measurement tools
- Interface with internal and customer design teams to ensure GD&T applications are optimized for both part function and manufacturability
- Provide metrology based support to engineering when problem solving both internal and external measurement related issues
- Stay up to date with advancements in metrology technology and techniques to support continuous laboratory improvement
- Function as GD&T subject matter expert and be a corporate resource for real world application of these concepts
- Update existing inspection methods as a result of engineering design changes
- Provide training to METROLOGY TECHNICIANS for basic CMM operation, blueprint reading, and gage calibration
- Assist in performing all METROLOGY TECHNICIAN, CMM OPERATOR, and other duties as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED. Manufacturing and experience with common hand gages required. 3+ years metrology experience and experience programming CMMs required. Familiarity with MCOSMOS, CALYPSO, or POLYWORKS inspection software is preferred. Advanced GD&T understanding is required.
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 60 days!
- 401k with 5.5% match!
- Quarterly Profit Sharing!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development Opportunities
- Voluntary Benefits Include: Life and Disability Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, and Legal Shield
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Signicast, 1800 Innovation Way, Hartford, Wisconsin, United States of America