System and Network Administrator
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE:
Under the direction of the Infrastructure Manager, the Systems and Network Administrator is responsible for providing server and network administration support to ensure the stable operation of computer systems and network connections. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining and optimizing all servers and network equipment, software and communication links.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded from time to time to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
- Comply with all safety and health guidelines, quality standard practices/procedures and housekeeping standards.
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and coordinate computer network access and use.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, desktop software and operating system software.
- Recommend changes to improve computer system configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Research new technology and recommend its implementation.
- Coordinate with vendors and department management with company personnel in order to facilitate purchases.
- Supervisory Responsibilities – None.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field from a four-year college or university and four to seven years hands-on experience implementing and administrating network devices, setting and maintaining policies and rights/security within a Windows Server environment: -Firewalls -HP, and Aruba network switches -Wireless Access Points –HP server platforms -Windows Server Active Directory –Back Up software and related backup tape drive -Desktop and laptop installation and problem resolution in a Windows environment.
Must be able to effectively communicate with other employees to share information, solve problems, and instructs or train lesser skilled employees. Must have the ability to read and interpret complex documents such as blueprints, shop orders, work plans, and short correspondence. Must be able to write standard reports and documentation.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Requires the ability to operate various equipment to include computer, various precision measuring devices and lifting devices. Requires a broad knowledge of tooling, material characteristics, and general manufacturing and machining practices. Should be knowledgeable and/or familiar with applicable ISO/TS and quality system requirements and policies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING/EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
Safety glasses and safety shoes must be worn in all manufacturing areas. Additional PPE may be required as needed.
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 60 days!
- 401k with 6% match!
- Quarterly Profit Sharing!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development Opportunities
- Voluntary Benefits Include: Life and Disability Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, and Legal Shield
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Signicast, 1800 Innovation Way, Hartford, Wisconsin, United States of America