Marketing & Communications Manager
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Description of Company
- EnMotive, a Gannett Company, is a full-service event services company offering registration, timing, scoring and a wide range of other endurance event solutions. We work with over 1,000 events per year, using a combination of in-house registration, fundraising and volunteer software as well as industry leading external race timing software. We are looking for passionate, detail-oriented, computer & technology savvy individual with the desire to help grow our eCommerce business and integrate our software solutions to support our mission to becoming “the one stop source” for endurance and ticketing events. Our application consists of features including customer relationship management, event registrations, ticket registrations, shipping, donations, results, photography, on-site check-in, fundraising, membership and reporting among other uses.
- Description of Role:
- EnMotive is seeking an experienced individual to lead the marketing and communications department that will be a part of a growing team working to refine and enhance the communication of our consumer-facing applications and services. Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills. The candidate should perform well under deadlines, be detail-oriented, and have experience working without oversite.
- Sample Tasks:
- •Create informative and interesting press releases, newsletters and marketing materials
- •Develop and implement effective communication strategies to build brand awareness and customer satisfaction
- •Develop content for social media, blog, and any other distribution channels
- •Create communication and marketing strategies for new products/releases
- •Create presentations, reports and information for inside sales use
- •Work with the product team to ensure product maintains a consistent voice of the organization
- •Execute and manage lead generation initiatives, including SEO and content development for all stages of the sales process
- •Brainstorm with colleagues for new ideas and strategies
- •Plan, create and oversee the design and content of marketing materials
- •Liaise between clients and company’s marketing team for third party marketing initiatives
- •Liaise between clients and company’s customer success team to guide clients in best practices as it relates to consumer marketing
- •Develop regular media activity reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual)
- •Identify media and press opportunities
- Minimum Qualifications:
- •A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- •Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques
- •Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- •Ability to work well under pressure
- •Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- •Proven experience creating targeted content
- •HubSpot and Salesforce experience
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Public Relations and Communications
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Buffalo Grove, IL, USA