Golf Reporter - Golfweek
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Golf Reporter - Golfweek
You live for golf. You dream of sticking it tight on 16 at Augusta and have nightmares about pulling one off the cliffs at Torrey Pines. You're constantly looking for updates on renovated courses and plan vacations around national course rankings.
And you’d love to share all these moments with an audience of people who truly love the game.
Golfweek, part of the USA Today Network, is seeking a motivated, aggressive reporter to work with a veteran team, covering the golf world from the PGA Tour and LPGA through the college and amateur ranks. Our audience is growing rapidly and we need someone with personality and golf knowledge to further connect with our readership.
• Creates content that engages the golf community through multi-platform storytelling (our website, social media, on camera, podcasts, etc.)
• Works with content strategist and audience analyst to understand audience metrics, evaluate what's working and what's not, and develop ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
• Collaborates with the content team to provide all appropriate elements for stories (i.e. photos, videos and graphics). Captures photos and video as needed.
• Promotes personal brand, the brands of colleagues and the institutional brand.
• Helps strategize and execute distribution and optimization plans for content.
• Demonstrates clear concise writing skills.
• Occasionally helps with desk responsibilities and editing.
• Strong command of AP grammar and style.
• Strong copy-editing skills and the ability to produce content that is clean, accurate and "publication ready."
• Is passionate and enthusiastic about the game of golf, and creating golf content that will work well with audiences on different platforms.
• Is comfortable using social media such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to enhance reporting and promote stories.
• Understands reporting ethics and sourcing.
• Excels in a fast-paced news environment and understands the digital-first mission.
• Collaborates well with others and can work with a team on the biggest stories.
• Must be willing to travel on short notice, to cover breaking news events.
• Work weekends and nights as needed by the news cycle.
• This role requires a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
Essentially, we need someone who lives for golf, and we're eager to learn more about how you might fit this role.
Qualified and interested journalists, please apply with a single document with all your materials combined - (resume, cover letter, work samples, portfolio links, etc.). The application only allows one document upload, so please provide your materials as a single attachment. Completing these steps will ensure that you receive the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Frontline Journalists
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary