Sr. Director, Product Intelligence
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Senior Director of Product Intelligence will serve as a key influencer and champion for the use and management of information and analytics to drive and measure company performance, specifically tied to our Product organization. This position will effectively manage information from a variety of sources and put it in the hands of our Product decision makers to aid in driving successful business outcomes. This position is responsible for input into the strategy and roadmap of the analytics platform and driving the features and functions necessary to deliver the insight needed for the evolving needs of the business.
The Senior Director will manage a team of senior business intelligence analysts who have a direct partnership with our Product teams across our B2B and B2C businesses. This team is a key partner to senior leaders across the Product, Marketing, Content and Revenue lines of business, and as such this leadership role will also include understanding the company’s data needs and developing/enhancing a supportive analytics strategy, helping map data collection strategy, providing best practices for implementation, reporting, and building strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enable the vision and lead the delivery of a data-informed product strategy, working alongside our Product Development, UX and Design teams.
- Be a thought leader and trusted advisor by developing cross-functional collaboration through close relationships with key partners across the company and coordinating with working teams.
- Consult with key decision makers on their business and product goals and recommend meaningful metrics and KPI’s to ensure that analyses remain actionable and responsive to specific business needs. Inform them of business trends and performance related to their line of business.
- Communicate analytical findings and reports in a simple way with advanced presentation/visualization “story telling” capabilities
- Manage our data analytical platform (Google Analytics) both internally, and in partnership with our 3rd party partner
- Specify the analytical and business requirements for users of the analytical data sources used across the company and when needed manage external vendor relationships in support of this
- Form and manage relationships with outside Business Intelligence/Analytics vendors and partners, external data and industry sources, and Research groups to ensure that DI/Product Intelligence team is effectively utilizing the latest analytical tools and techniques to evaluate trends, predict future outcomes, and provide actionable analysis
- Recruit, mentor, and retain a best in class analytics team of “thinkers & doers” (Strategy & Growth)
- Lead a team culture of critical thinking, creativity, innovation, experimentation, diversity, and inclusivity
- 10+ years’ experience in a combination of Analytical leadership roles, Strategy, Consulting, Product Analytics, or an equivalent field
- 5+ years of experience managing and scaling large growth analytics teams
- Expert communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, technologists, and able to lead and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Strong data manipulation, product analytics, and statistical analysis (e.g. multivariate hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions, etc.) skills
- Inspiring leader with a driven, results-focused attitude that can drive multiple large initiatives concurrently across cross-functional teams (Product, Marketing, and more).
- Strategic problem solver who simplifies problems to their core elements and finds creative solutions.
- Strong visualization skills and experience with visualization (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.) and product analytics tools (Amplitude, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Get-it-done mindset with a strong bias towards action.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Business Intelligence
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- McLean, VA, USA
- New York, NY, USA