Manager, User Engagement & Retention
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Manager, User Engagement & Retention
User engagement and retention is a core focus area for Gannett | USA Today Network, especially as the organization is pursuing an ambitious multi-year goal for subscription led growth. As a part of the broader ‘Growth Organization’, this team is responsible for customer onboarding, engagement, loyalty, and churn mitigation.
The retention team works with several stakeholders esp. in product, technology, analytics, and marketing to help build strategies for meaningful and sustained net subscription growth. This team leverages subscriber lifecycle marketing, automated email journeys, onsite assets deployment, subscriber benefits & value strategy, online experience optimization as well as customer service and support communications to help retain subscribers.
The Manager of User Engagement & Retention will be responsible for optimizing and testing user journeys that engage and retain subscribers. The ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment, have a thorough understanding of a subscription business model, know how to leverage data for decision making, and will be able to continuously learn from results. The Manager of User Engagement & Retention must have experience running email campaigns and should be willing to be hands-on on a day-to-day basis evaluating and enhancing campaigns while ensuring both short- and long-term goals are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, execute, and optimize email and onsite user journeys in collaboration with others
- Monitor campaign KPIs daily and adjust strategies as necessary
- Develop test strategy recommendations based on previous learnings and analysis
- Use and analyze industry trends, performance data, and other resources to inform strategies
- Partner with the Data Intelligence team to develop and enhance reporting
- Support the delivery of reporting materials, reports, and presentations
- Work with both internal and external creative partners to develop assets for campaigns and communications that are on-brand and apply best practices
- Collaborate with other teams such as Product, Brand, and Design to ensure proper tracking, messaging, and positioning
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience
- 5 - 7 years of experience in developing and managing customer journeys, preferably for a complex and digital-focused organization with DTC multiple brands or products
- 1 - 3 years of team management experience
- Strong understanding of an ESP and experience with campaign execution (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, etc.)
- Ability to interpret data to inform actionable insights that inform campaign strategy
- Demonstrated strength in analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally with all levels
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects appropriately, understanding what involves the most urgency
- Efficient in MS Office Suite, most notably PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience building and managing audiences and campaigns with a CDP (Redpoint, Segment, etc.)
- Experience with Google Analytics
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Marketing Operations
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- McLean, VA, USA
- New York, NY, USA