Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services
WE ARE OFFERING A SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $2,250.00 - PAID OUT IN INCREMENTS
We are seeking a Technician for maintenance and repair of multiple pieces of mechanical equipment in the press room and production areas.
· Mechanically maintain and repair both the Goss Colorliner press lines and all associated equipment
· Maintain and repair Muller Martini, Quipp, Dynaric and associated packaging equipment
· Good knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment repair
· Capable of manufacturing parts using heavy machine tools, such as lathes and milling machines, to close tolerances from drawings
· Good welding skills as well as skills in hand fitting parts
· Ability to read and understand system diagrams and operating instructions
· Maintenance and repair of all plate room equipment
· Supervise repairs and installations made by outside contractors
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Two years minimum experience in a machine shop or one year as a Mechanical Technician in the Printing Industry
· Maintain a high level of knowledge of printing presses and newspaper equipment through additional training and education
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and be on call 24/7 for emergency situations
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally and up to 20 lbs. frequently
· Ability to push and pull up to 300 lbs. is occasionally required
· Ability to frequently climb, stoop, kneel and reach. Some work done in high, close or confined spaces.
· Ability to work in environment with ink, solvents and paper dust
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family GateHouse Media
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lakeland, FL, USA