Sales Development Representative
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
LOCALiQ is the marketing solution from the USA TODAY NETWORK providing businesses the smarter way to reach local customers. As local marketing becomes more complex, LOCALiQ empowers local businesses with unique insights from 125 million consumers in our network of sites, apps and experiences and learnings from millions of local leads delivered each year. We couple that with end to end service from our experts using local marketing best practices proven across the country. LOCALiQ simplifies local marketing and provides our clients the confidence of growing.
Our core values: Community, Progress through Passion, Action with Purpose and Belief in People.
Sales Development Representatives set appointments and create qualified leads so outside sales team can sell multi-media advertising solutions to the large local business sector with local or regional decision makers to include:
- Search Engine Marketing (PPC)
- Reach Local’s Edge Solution
- Display Advertising (Banner Advertising)
- Web Presence Optimization, including services for Organic Search, Social Media Marketing and Reputation Management
- A wide range of business services, including Online Chat, Video Production, and Analytics
- Immerging technology such as Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Print Advertising
The Primary responsibility is to set appointments.
- Manages a pipeline, sends personalized emails, partakes in call blocks, generates interest, qualifies prospects and scheduling meetings FOR the outside sales team.
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Source new leads through inbound lead follow-up and outbound calls and emails
- Hold qualifying calls before pushing opportunities through pipeline
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Perform effective online demos to prospects
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
Must be able to identify the current needs of client base; communicate the benefits of our audience-based marketing solutions as they relate to each need and then sell the appropriate campaign. Work through objections/concerns regarding costs, budgets and selling strategies. Must have ability to research problems and provide solutions. Also requires an understanding of targeted industries and market as it relates to customers, prospects, and key trends. Strong understanding of digital media platforms. Demonstrated ability to grow and maintain market share. Ability to accurately develop forecasts and manage pipelines. Proficient in face-to-face sales calling including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling. Ability to effectively articulate product values propositions to customers. Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment; in building customer-based revenue and in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs. Ability to work effectively as part of a team. Ability to effectively manage time as it relates to focus on sales related activities. Ability to drive initiatives for positive, constructive change. Ability to work effectively as part of a team. Strong Microsoft Office skills (MS Word and PowerPoint) and time management skills.
What you need to do to be successful in this role
an energized, passionate team within a fun & flexible workplace.
We offer competitive compensation with uncapped incentives and world class benefits, including comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage, 401(K), Paid Time Off and more.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Program & Project Management
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- Gilbert, AZ, USA
- Maricopa County, AZ, USA
- Maricopa, AZ, USA
- Mesa, AZ, USA
- Phoenix, AZ, USA