Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit www.genesisenergy.com or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA.
- Retirement -
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan for Salaried employees, company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions up to 5% of eligible pay in the first quarter of the following year (three-year vesting requirement).
- Pension for Hourly Union employees plus an opportunity to participate in a 401(k) savings plan. The company does not provide a matching contribution for pension eligible employees.
- Tuition reimbursement programs are available to qualifying employees for approved programs.
- Subsidized transportation to our plant from Green River, Rock Springs, and the Bridger Valley.
Position Title: Mine Supervisor
Position Location: Green River, WY
The Mine Supervisor role is responsible to oversee and maintain the overall operations of the mine including but not limited to; safety, training, tool budgeting and overall supervision.
Technical training of direct reports
Communication with Mine team
Performance measures for the team
Team safety action plan and performance
MSHA rules and regulations
Administrative responsibilities (Time cards, OT, vacation approval)
Work notification planning (manpower, parts)
Crew tool and supply budget
Team development and crew training
Cost savings and efficiency improvement projects
Work area inspections and examinations
Fire boss mine
Warranty and repairable parts
Right the First Time
Additional duties may be assigned
Required Skills and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) from an accredited educational institution and 3 years experience in underground mining or maintenance operations required
Currently holds active Wyoming Mine Foreman papers or can obtain temporary papers and convert them to regular Wyoming Foreman Papers within one year
Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
B.S. in Engineering, Mining Engineering or related field from an accredited four year college or university
5+ years of underground mining or maintenance experience
Supervisory experience within a Union environment (1+year preferred)
Excellent adaptability, demonstrating the ability to "wear multiple hats" and interact with all levels in and outside of the organization
Demonstrated capability to perform at a higher level
Strong technical savvy and systems experience (SAP/Oracle, MITS/MARS, MS Office, etc.)
- Job Family Operations Support and Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Green River, WY 82935, USA