Talent Acquisition Lead
Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit www.genesisenergy.com or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA.
- Retirement -
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan for Salaried employees, company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions up to 5% of eligible pay in the first quarter of the following year (three-year vesting requirement).
- Pension for Hourly Union employees plus an opportunity to participate in a 401(k) savings plan. The company does not provide a matching contribution for pension eligible employees.
- Tuition reimbursement programs are available to qualifying employees for approved programs.
- Subsidized transportation to our plant from Green River, Rock Springs, and the Bridger Valley.
Location: Green River, Wyoming
- Administration of and compliance with all applicable laws, Corporate HR requirements, policies and procedures
- Develop talent acquisition strategies and hiring plans
- Produce forecasts for staffing and build timelines for hiring
- Lead employment branding initiatives
- Perform sourcing to fill open positions and anticipate future needs
- Plan and conduct recruitment and selection activities (interviews, screening calls, etc.)
- Lead and oversee recruiting employees and contract recruiters
- Maintain oversight of the application, assessment, testing and hiring processes and requirements
- Organize and support / attend career and college job fairs
- Oversee agency relationships and contracts for employee assistance programs (e.g., relocation, immigration, etc)
- Create employee development and learning opportunities
- Develop job descriptions that outline key responsibilities and activities, as well as the skills, capability and educational requirements and competencies
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Deep involvement in recruitment planning, strategy development, searching, screening, evaluation and controls
- Perform analysis of hiring needs and provide forecast
- Take steps to ensure a positive candidate experience
- Conduct salary and market surveys
- Create compensation analysis and job offers
- Design, plan and execute employer branding activities
- Use Recruitment Marketing tools (e.g., LinkedIn Recruiting, etc)
- Source and find candidates qualified for open positions
- Review employment applications and background check reports
- Identify bottlenecks in the recruiting process and work to resolve
- Provide leader training that will support individual development and process improvements (e.g., interviewing, annual performance reviews and employee development plans, etc.)
- Assist in employee retention and recognition programs
- Use metrics to create reports and identify areas of improvement
- Use sourcing methods for hard-to-fill roles
- Attend career and college fairs, and similar events
- Determine HR and recruiting KPIs
- Identify and lead continuous improvement projects
- Support Succession Planning activities
- Support Merit and Compensation Planning activities
- Support Performance Appraisal Processes
- Support site and department needs as identified /assigned
- Support ISO 9000 efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/Business Administration and minimum 5 years of relevant experience, or HS Diploma and 8+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated leadership in talent acquisition role
- Experience with HRIS, ATS, Sourcing and Recruitment Marketing tools
- Strong analytical skills
- A relevant mix of education and experience will be considered
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Green River, WY 82935, USA