Engineer IV Project Engineering
Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit www.genesisenergy.com or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA.
- Retirement -
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan for Salaried employees, company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions up to 5% of eligible pay in the first quarter of the following year (three-year vesting requirement).
- Pension for Hourly Union employees plus an opportunity to participate in a 401(k) savings plan. The company does not provide a matching contribution for pension eligible employees.
- Tuition reimbursement programs are available to qualifying employees for approved programs.
- Subsidized transportation to our plant from Green River, Rock Springs, and the Bridger Valley.
Posting Title: Engineering Project Manager, Control Systems
Internal Title: Project Manager
Location: Green River, WY
We are seeking an experienced, results oriented Engineering Project Manager, Control Systems with a successful career in achieving major KPI goals. He/she will have strong leadership skills and a hands-on approach to managing and executing processes. Our customers (internal and external) are our major focus and a high level of satisfaction is our number one goal. This position works cross-functionally with many areas so we need a relationship building and team playing guru who knows how to relate to multiple levels of authority. This opportunity is located in Green River, WY so ability to relocate is essential.
We reward top performance with excellent benefits, growth opportunities and competitive compensation plans. A relocation package is included.
- Management and coordination of project development and execution
- Determination of project development and execution strategies such as contracting plan, material management plan, and integrated project schedule
- Project team management and development of team members (i/e/ maintenance, operations, safety)
- Utilization of the capital deployment process for project development and execution
- Integration of project with power steering system to manage and forecast project costs
- Ensure projects comply with regulatory requirements, plant engineering standards, and equipment standards
- Compliance with process safety, ergonomics, MSHA, ISO 9000, environmental agencies, applicable codes and regulatory agencies
- Ensure projects comply with Corporate Operating Standards (COS)
- Departmental record keeping and databases
- Support SAP project system
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in Chemical or Electrical Engineering or a related Engineering field
- 8 years of project management in engineering, over seeing multiple projects with annual cumulative budgets several million dollars
- 5 years of control systems engineering or project management experience
- Experience with cold weather impact on engineering needs
- Project diversity including but not limited to hoists, load shed systems, and power management systems
- Advanced MS office skills
- Advanced MS Project skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Access data base experience preferred
- Job Family Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Green River, WY 82935, USA