Mine Construction Lead
Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit www.genesisenergy.com or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA.
- Retirement -
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan for Salaried employees, company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions up to 5% of eligible pay in the first quarter of the following year (three-year vesting requirement).
- Pension for Hourly Union employees plus an opportunity to participate in a 401(k) savings plan. The company does not provide a matching contribution for pension eligible employees.
- Tuition reimbursement programs are available to qualifying employees for approved programs.
- Subsidized transportation to our plant from Green River, Rock Springs, and the Bridger Valley.
Position Title: Mine Construction Lead
Location: Green River, Wyoming
Position Summary: The Mine Construction Lead helps drive the future of our business, working with engineering, maintenance, and operations to support the execution of underground construction projects using project management techniques. These projects vary widely in scope and complexity; from installing sumps to preparing new sections for active mining.
- Incorporating construction knowledge and experience into project development and execution
- Management and oversight of field construction operations including start up and decommissioning, depending on the projects.
- Develop and maintain compliance with pre start-up safety reviews so that work is accomplished in an environmentally sound manner using safe work practices
- Develop the Construction Plan and provide to the supervisors assigned the project. Champion the execution of that Plan
- Complete the construction portion of the project on schedule, within budget, meeting safety requirements and design standards
- Coordinate with others to ensure standards and consistency throughout Mine construction work
- Development of field construction plans and plan execution
- Oversight of field construction safety operations and start up including contractors and employees
- Facilitate pre start-up safety reviews with operations to accomplish field construction in an environmentally sound manner using safe work practices
- Develop the Construction Plan and communicate to key stake holders including Project Manager, Operations, Maintenance, and Management
- Coordinate logistical details to have materials delivered to work areas and available for use per the project plan.
- Creates & maintains a safe/secure jobsite environment
- Ensure daily safety planning meetings are held by our people and attend customer safety meetings
- Accountable for the construction portion of the project on schedule, within budget, meeting safety requirements and design standards
- As needed, supervise directly the execution of work by in-house resources or outside contractors
- Ensure equipment and manpower resources are being used in a safe and efficient manner
- Manage the commissioning and hand-over inspections at the end of construction, ensuring as-built is the same as plan and appropriate clean-up, disposal and details are complete.
- Interface with the safety department and procurement for evaluations
- Review contractor training records for validation and manage work performance including safety and provide project status updates
- Compliance with Process safety, ergonomics, OSHA, MSHA, ISO 9000, environmental agencies, applicable codes and regulatory agencies
- Participate in development and administration of capital plan
- Direct interface with contractors and Special Projects Crew
- Ensure projects comply with Corporate Operating Standards
- Support ISO 9000 where applicable
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mine Engineering, Construction Engineering or related field from an accredited four-year college or university with relevant mine construction experience OR HS diploma or equivalent (such as the GED) from an accredited educational institution with minimum 6 years of relevant mine construction management experience
- One (1) year of Project Engineering/Industrial construction experience
- Ability to obtain Wyoming Mine Foreman Papers – Underground Trona within 1 year of being awarded the position
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
- Wyoming Mine Foreman Papers – Underground Trona
- More than one (1) year of Project Engineering/Industrial construction experience, underground mine strongly preferred
- Underground construction experience preferred
Final determination on pay will be made by HR and company leadership holistically consistent with the skills matrix and considering the candidates education, experience, past performance, demonstrated leadership and influence.
- Pay Type Salary
- Green River, WY 82935, USA