Continuous Improvement Lean Manufacturing Systems Lead
Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit www.genesisenergy.com or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA.
- Retirement -
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan for Salaried employees, company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions up to 5% of eligible pay in the first quarter of the following year (three-year vesting requirement).
- Pension for Hourly Union employees plus an opportunity to participate in a 401(k) savings plan. The company does not provide a matching contribution for pension eligible employees.
- Tuition reimbursement programs are available to qualifying employees for approved programs.
- Subsidized transportation to our plant from Green River, Rock Springs, and the Bridger Valley.
Position Title: Continuous Improvement Lean Manufacturing Systems Lead
Location: Green River, Wyoming
Position Summary: SafeTons Advance complements and further enables Genesis Alkali’s core SafeTons operating system by continuously enhancing the skill sets and engagement of frontline employees in the execution and ongoing improvement of standard work practices. SafeTons Advance incorporates Training Within Industry (TWI) methodologies. The Continuous Improvement Lean Manufacturing Systems Lead is integral to this process, leading and executing project implementation activities with a focus on Lean Manufacturing tools and SafeTons Advance.
• Conduct program training
• Define projects, plan, integrate, and assign work
• Develop project communications and manage project risk
• Track progress, plan and assign work
• Coaching and Leadership
• Identify and address local barriers
• Carry out closeout & evaluation of project effectiveness
• Conduct lessons learned activities to continuously improve changes to the operation
• Other duties as assigned
• Develop team goals, objectives, deliverables, detailed project plans and resource alignment
o Use best practices developed in SafeTons implementations including Steps to Milestones
o Report status and progress to the Continuous Improvement Manager, the Operating Units/Departments and Project Managers
o Track benefits and concerns, initiate follow-up
o Provide motivation, sense of urgency, focus and direction to team members
o Identify risks in the field, develop/execute mitigation plans in coordination with the Operating Units and Departments across the Site
o Provide templates, tools, training and support to complete deliverables
o Set meeting agendas, summarize decisions, prepare action logs, and establish next steps
o Create briefing and communication packages
o Build a lessons learned process and system to improve upon the project implementation
o Bring functional / subject matter knowledge and experience to team activities
o Achieve team milestones according to plan
o Coordinate SafeTons Advance Steering Team meetings
o Serve as an Integration Lead for SafeTons Advance work, ensuring coordination between the Steering Team and Implementation Groups
o Audit project implementation and ensure sustainability of results
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university OR High School diploma or equivalent (such as the GED) from an accredited educational institution with 8 years of industrial, manufacturing, or underground mining experience
• 3 years of manufacturing experience
• Proven ability to adapt continuous improvement concepts such as TWI and Lean Manufacturing tools to meet business needs
• Highly effective at leading and sustaining continuous improvement initiatives
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
• Standard Work / TWI experience
• Lean Manufacturing experience
Final determination on pay will be made by HR and company leadership holistically considering the candidate’s education, experience, past performance, demonstrated leadership and influence.
- Pay Type Salary
- Green River, WY 82935, USA