Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit www.genesisenergy.com or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA.
- Retirement -
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan for Salaried employees, company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions up to 5% of eligible pay in the first quarter of the following year (three-year vesting requirement).
- Pension for Hourly Union employees plus an opportunity to participate in a 401(k) savings plan. The company does not provide a matching contribution for pension eligible employees.
- Tuition reimbursement programs are available to qualifying employees for approved programs.
- Subsidized transportation to our plant from Green River, Rock Springs, and the Bridger Valley.
Location: Green River, Wyoming
Position Summary: The Buyer is integral to success at Genesis Alkali. In this position you'll work with the operations and maintenance teams, utilizing the purchasing process and the MRP stock order process, ensuring that our mine, Granger, and Westvaco plants have the needed supplies to keep our business moving forward.
• Works with Procurement Lead to create and manage purchasing agreements (contracts) for stock materials purchases with new and established suppliers.
• Process MRP stock orders for Westvaco Surface, Mine, and Granger warehouses.
• Creates, inputs, and manages info records, pricing, commercial terms, and source lists in ERP system (SAP or Oracle).
• Ensures and tracks compliance with the local/regional/global supply agreements and schedules meetings with suppliers not performing to expectations to discuss KPI scorecard and resolve performance issues.
• Works with suppliers to resolve local supply issues, tracks vendor reliability & performance as well as product/material/service quality.
• Evaluates supplier performance data and drives performance improvement at local level supporting Procurement KPI programs.
• Works with Purchasing Specialists and Leaders to optimize use of appropriate ERP system (SAP, Oracle, WMS) automation tools.
• Work with other functional areas to streamline and improve processes
• Responsible for maintaining purchasing vendor and material data in system including master material data setup for all stocking locations
• Work with VMI suppliers to rationalize warehouse stock for entry into or removal from warehouse stocks.
• Negotiates with and sources new sources of supply on flagged materials. Communication with operations and maintenance on flagged materials that require stocking problems to be resolved.
• Creates purchase orders and supports other functional areas in procuring goods and services.
• Responds to new vendor requests; assures supplier prequalification is performed and evaluated prior to adding new vendors with responsible procurement party where applicable.
• Collects, analyzes, and maintains supplier data metrics
• Reconciles pending invoices including price discrepancies (notifying Manager where appropriate)
• Identifies procurement and/or warehouse savings opportunities and either executes where appropriate or escalates to Procurement Lead or Procurement Manager, or Warehouse Manager.
• Verifies master data, info record, supplier processes to ensure data accuracy in ERP system.
• Provide site training on procurement processes where appropriate including providing training on how to order from the warehouse
• Support relevant site quality systems, Safety Systems, or other such management systems where applicable.
• KPI discrepancy data tracking and scorecard development for selected suppliers
• Assist warehouse staff with finding missing POs, shipments, materials
• Assist in training requisitioners on how to use inventory add, delete, change sheets.
• Participate in RCAs regarding warehouse and procurement functions
• Participate in warehouse safety programs and meetings.
• Participate in special projects to support procurement and procurement process improvement goals (e.g., eProcure platform; internal benchmarking for best practices etc.), as needed
• Runs expediting reports to keep material flow to the site on track with supplier follow-up
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent (such as the GED) with relevant functional procurement experience
• Generally, also requires 2+ years of experience in procurement or comparable experience from marketing, sales, or customer service in a heavy industrial environment
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college or university or equivalent experience
• General experience in chemical, mining or manufacturing industry
• Procure to Pay and/or MRP experience
• Effective negotiation and influencing skills
• CPM or CPSM Certification desired
• Integrated use of ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, and strong working knowledge of MS office
• Execution of detailed PO/contracts relating to services, materials, timeliness, cost savings and profitability
A relevant mix of education and other experiences will be considered.
Final determination on pay grade will be made by HR and company leadership holistically considering the candidate’s education, experience, past performance, demonstrated leadership and influence.
- Job Family Commercial Services
- Pay Type Salary
- Green River, WY 82935, USA