Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders - integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, "We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The "win" for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, "We help our customers win by doing what others can't or won't” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others "can't or won't" for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer's challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; pension plan and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Starting wage is $28.32-$31.44 based on education.
Perform preventative maintenance procedures and related maintenance duties on a wide variety of equipment and infrastructure. Included are Corrugating machines and Corrugate Converting machines, process support equipment, interior and exterior of buildings and grounds. Conduct preventative maintenance procedures on both electrical and mechanical systems. Poses the ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical failures. Maintain overall condition of company assets following the standards set forth and regulated by the company policy.
· Participates in continuous improvement and effectively communicates opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness for this position.
· General Industrial maintenance to include, but not limited to lubricating, repairing, rebuilding, trouble shooting, and cleaning production machines. Other duties to consist of infrastructure maintenance and fabrication. This includes welding, cutting, grinding, carpenter work, and operating shop machines (lathes, mill, drill press, grinder, saw, and other small hand tools).
· Perform maintenance and repair to the lift trucks; roll grabs and dollies, steam generators, air compressors, and other process support equipment.
· Perform electrical, plumbing, hydraulic, HVAC, and concrete work.
· Accurately carry out and assist in the development of preventative maintenance procedures.
· Create and complete work orders using the CMMS.
· Communicate with machine operators.
· Utilize the CMMS and other resources to provide maintenance planning.
· Support and develop downtime reduction initiatives.
· Work overtime as required.
· All other duties as assigned
· The Maintenance Mechanic must hold a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. It is a requirement to possess, or obtain, an Associate’s Degree, Millwright or Journeyman card in a related field to remain in the department.
· Once hired, the Maintenance employee will have six years to obtain an Associate’s Degree, Millwright or Journeyman card if they do not possess one before being hired.
· Mechanic must demonstrate the ability to read and interpret documents such as mechanical and electrical drawings, maintenance procedures and manuals, company policies and safety rules.
· Mechanic must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
· The ability to compute rate, velocity, ratio, and percent, perform conversions, interpret and/or develop graphs and technical reports is also required.
· The mechanic must be able to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Possession of the ability to deal with problems involving several variables in various situations and take appropriate action to resolve these problems is a must.
Persons hired are required to work a 12 hour shift schedule. 2-2-3 Fixed Nights 6pm-6am
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $26.41
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Some College
- Appleton, WI, USA