Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders - integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, "We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The "win" for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, "We help our customers win by doing what others can't or won't” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others "can't or won't" for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer's challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; pension plan and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
Starting wage is $23.72/hr
Great Northern is welcoming candidates for full-time production employment at our Appleton facility. This position will operate or assist in the production of corrugate and instore display products.
· Participates in continuous improvement and effectively communicate opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness for this position.
· May be assigned to any helper position or any other position that requires little training.
· Must hold a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must possess the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
· Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands for manual dexterity; reach; and talk or hear.
· The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Persons hired are required to work a M-F rotating shift assignment of: 3rd shift – 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM, 2nd shift – 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM, 1st shift – 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Overtime is also required which can include 12 hour shifts, many Saturdays and some Sundays. On the job training is provided, no prior experience is necessary.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Appleton, WI, USA