Finishing 2nd Assistant Operator
Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation’s largest independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial, commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by our founders - integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and a shared future.
Our vision, "We help our employees win through personal growth and a shared future” is a call to action to deliver on building a people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The "win" for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, "We help our customers win by doing what others can't or won't” gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar for performance. Doing what others "can't or won't" for our customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers, value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative solutions to our customer's challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here are some details about the position.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k) with company match. We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment and room for growth!
$17.00/hr. Shift differential for night schedule.
Responsible for assisting the Operator and 1st Assistant Operator in the set-up operation of machines to: collate, fold and glue, or apply window film to cartons to customer specifications as well as Great Northern Oshkosh’s quality and efficiency standards.
· Assists Operator and 1st Assistant Operator in machine set-up.
· Helps break down make ready after job has been completed.
· Prepares pallets for next production run.
· Setup tape machines and conveyors for the job.
· Issues and returns cases for the job.
· Prints labels for job and checks for accuracy of cases being packed and labeled.
· Feeds product into machine, constantly monitoring quality of product.
· Assists with stacking finished units.
· Counts finished cases and inserts load tags into completed units.
· Works along with Operator and 1st Assistant Operator to complete make ready procedure and production run in the most efficient manner for each order.
· Ability to identify, verify and match color for set-ups and quality checks on printed packaging.
· Functions as the 1st Assistant Operator once a week or as needed to cover call ins or vacations.
· Regular and reliable attendance.
· Follows all quality set-up and check-out procedures for accuracy and quality.
· Accurately complete first piece checklist.
· Trains Packaging Technicians on Packaging Technician and 2nd Assistant Operator duties.
· Performs daily warm-up exercises.
· Alerts Material Handler of any schedule changes or materials needed.
· Notifies supervisor immediately of any incidences or recurring equipment malfunctions.
· Performs daily, weekly, and monthly clean-up and preventative maintenance procedures, notifying maintenance personnel of any mechanical problems.
· Attends authorized training programs.
· Remains current on changes in policies and procedures.
· Knows, understands, and follows all safety rules and polices including SQF and GMP.
· Promotes the Great Northern teamwork concept.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Individual must possess: High School diploma or equivalency; prior manufacturing experience preferred
A shift-12s fixed shift 6am-6pm 2-2-3 schedule
B shift-12s fixed shift 6am-6pm 2-2-3 schedule
C shift-12s fixed shift 6pm-6am M-F
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Oshkosh, WI, USA