Sr. Engineer, DevOps
The Sr. Engineer, DevOps will be a key member of the DevOps team for GlobalTranz and will build solutions that help out our more than 100 developers move from “it works on my machine” through production deployment.
- Execute definition and deployment of Development, Integration, Data Science, Staging and Production environments
- Finalize environment and migration design and automation within day to day operations
- Deliver code through development and production environments by way of standard practices, tools and automation
- Mentor team members to grow skill and prepare for future growth with the company
- Lead in-house and outsource team members, assign and track work effectively
- Introduce new technologies to the environment as appropriate
- Investigate technologies and recommend solutions to meet growing business needs
- Write and maintain software and environment deployment pipeline on Azure DevOps and Python toolchain
- Manage multiple projects at the same time and communicate with business stakeholders effectively
- Complete interview training and participate in interviews
- Contribute to the continued maturation of development processes
- Contribute to the communication and adherence of the teams to technology standards
- Contribute to the communication and adherence of the teams to architectural guidelines
- Spend at least 4 hours each quarter between operations, carrier sales, finance, and IR staff reviewing processes and procedures
- Show expertise and the ability to assist others in the understanding of GlobalTranz offerings and their purpose
This position has limited supervisory responsibilities with broad coaching responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of DevOps management or related experience
- 5+ years of experience in working in enterprise development environments
- Experience in Azure, and/or AWS Cloud Platforms
- Experience with Automated Build Pipelines with Containerized Software
- Managing Containerized Environments
- Working knowledge of Microsoft ARM or Terraform configuration management
- Hands on experience with:
- DevOps/ Automation
- Designing reusable platforms
- PaaS/IaaS and Open Source
- Deployable Infrastructure – In Code Repositories
- Deployment planning and execution
- Ownership of production readiness
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing as necessary.
Minimal travel may be required (10%).
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
GlobalTranz is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Charleston, WV, USA
- Chattanooga, TN, USA
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA
- Tulsa, OK, USA