Manager in Training- N. Hamilton Road
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
The Retail Manager in Training will work at one of our retail stores throughout Franklin Co. and will sometimes work at other stores as needed, and will train in the daily operations, personnel management, financial reporting, rehabilitation functions, inventory, merchandising and safety regulations directly related to a retail store.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist customers and donors in a timely and courteous manner.
- Ensure that quality customer service and good customer relations are provided.
- Effectively manage store budget.
- Ensure that donated and used goods are processed appropriately from the time received through stocking on the sales floor.
- Ensure that sales transactions are rung up and reported accurately, that all moneys are collected, counted, and deposited securely.
- Interview, hire, train, and direct the activities of store personnel to provide an efficient, congenial, cost effective work force.
- Report operations, personnel and rehabilitation and safety statistics accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Work effectively with Goodwill departments as needed.
- Ensure that the store and surrounding premises are kept clean and free of safety hazards.
- Contract and work with outside vendors for services and/or supplies not provided by headquarters with in company policy.
- Uphold safe work practices in support of a safety culture through awareness and observation; train and educate employees of safety requirements; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
- Comply with all Goodwill policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The essential functions listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Must have high school education or equivalent experience, although a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years in retail environment with at least 1 year supervisory experience in a medium to large volume retail store. Experience with basic accounting practices and bookkeeping. 1 year warehouse experience preferred.
- Specific Skills/Knowledge/Licenses: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Familiarity with time-keeping software. Ability to learn new software as appropriate and necessary to the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in dealing with customers and employees.
- Ability to operate cash register and perform math calculations.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Retail store environment, temperature varies, loud noises, occasional crowds. Position requires ability to work flexible schedule to meet business needs including evenings and weekend shifts.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, push, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Regularly lift and carry up to 35 pounds; heavier lifting occasionally needed.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on cash register and related store equipment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Salary
- Retail Store - N Hamilton Rd, 5130 N Hamilton Rd, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America