Coordinator Upskilling Services - Workforce Development
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Coordinate all upskilling services provided to Workforce Development customers to ensure successful work-readiness training, career development training/programs, credentialed trainings, and in-person and remote job training.
- Ensure assigned upskilling activities and customer services are implemented successfully by managing a complicated calendar of upskilling opportunities while ensuring that all customers receive required supports.
- Provide oversight and scheduling for upskilling activities both in-person and remotely that include but may not be limited to: Upskilling Lab, Boot Camp, work-readiness training, Digital Literacy, Resume Review Clinics, Skills to Succeed, etc.
- Continually research and update training materials that relate to labor market trends and stakeholder needs.
- Directly supervise assigned staff including hourly and salaried positions.Make recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees, conduct performance evaluations, and provide regular feedback and guidance.
- Complete documentation regarding personnel actions.Ensure employees receive proper training and development opportunities.
- Review and approve all monthly billing activities completed by direct delivery staff.Match invoices to reports and submit to referring agencies, in a timely fashion, for payment.
- Maintain upskilling scorecard to achieve departmental outcomes.
- Follow up on open cases to ensure accurate and timely outcomes.
- Review and approve monthly reports submitted by staff.Verify that case notes and daily observation logs are completed accurately and timely.
- Coordinate marketing efforts (Facebook/YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) on behalf of Workforce Development with Marketing Director.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Facilitate communication between team members and other Goodwill departments to promote quality services, provide consistent expectations, and ensure proper training for employees.
- Identify performance or workflow challenges and work with the manager and other coordinators to resolve.
- Participate in marketing efforts and provide ongoing contact with referring agencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
·Four-year college degree in business, social work, human services, public administration, human resources, communications or related field, or six years comparable work experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum three years of experience in program coordination and/or supervisory experience.
- Must have CPR/First Aid.
- Must have valid OH driver’s license and personal car insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and basic office equipment/machines.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office conditions.Exposed to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Light sedentary office work, such as typing, speaking on the phone, and using a computer to enter data.Must be able to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds.
- Be able to travel, as needed.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1331 Edgehill Rd, Columbus, OH 43212, USA