Retail Associate - New Reynoldsburg Store
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Sort, price and display apparel, accessories, shoes, and other donated items to be sold at the retail store. Maintain orderliness of clothing racks, dressing rooms, and sales floor. Assist customers with purchases.
- Inspect and sort all incoming clothing, accessories, shoes and other wares to determine if items are suitable for sale or in retail store.
- Determine appropriate pricing for items and place correct price on each piece.
- Distribute and unload racks of clothing to the sales floor.
- Stock shelves, counters, tables, or display cases with merchandise.
- Keep sales floor and dressing rooms clean and organized. Pick up and return items to appropriate rack or department.
- Act as store cashier when needed. Operate cash register, accept payment for purchases, and bag merchandise.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Report any known potential losses and work to protect GWC assets.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Adhere to safe work practices and report any unsafe conditions or actions.
- Assist customers with selecting merchandise and completing the sale.
- Set up pallets and construct boxes for damaged items that will be salvaged.
- Clean floors, restrooms, sales floor, production room, break room as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school or equivalent education.
- One year or less of related experience required; retail experience helpful.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in dealing with customers and employees.
- Ability to operate cash register and perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to physically sort, carry, hang, and/or distribute merchandise to the sales floor.
- Compassion to help and train others with disabilities and other barriers.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General retail store conditions. Exposed to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, push, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Regularly lift and carry up to 30 pounds; heavier lifting occasionally needed.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on cash register and related store equipment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $9.00
- 2675 Brice Rd, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068, USA