Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, equipment and grounds.
- Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
- Reviews assigned work orders and performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves desired environmental conditions.
- Leads and assigns work orders, and/or provides technical and procedural training of coworkers, external vendors and subcontractors. Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors.
- Consults with appropriate management to schedule and conduct preventive maintenance to minimize business interruption and ensure that building systems meet or exceed their rated life.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, and governmental agency and company directives related to building operations and work safety.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Maintains inventory of adequate supplies and tools and orders necessary materials to complete all tasks
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Keep interior and exterior of workplace clean.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of experience in general maintenance.
- Must have experience with HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and roofing, along with other skills necessary to perform building maintenance.
- Must have current, valid OH driver’s license and personal car insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of building maintenance and repairs.
- Must be able to use a variety of hand tools and power tools.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, schedule and coordinate assigned work in multiple locations.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Exposed to moderate noise levels; loud noise levels occur when power tools are used.
- Exposed to varying, inclement weather conditions.
- Will work near moving mechanical parts, fumes, and/or airborne particles. Subject to mechanical oils and fluids. May be required to wear a respirator.
- Will work in potentially dangerous physical situations; risk of electrical shock.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, reach, grasp, push, climb, and move up and down from/to sitting position.
- Must have ability to operate mechanical equipment.
- Will have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1331 Edgehill Rd, Columbus, OH 43212, USA