Systems Administrator II
Harkins Theatres is a privately owned and operated business, founded and based in Arizona since 1933. With 33 locations in 4 states, Harkins Theatres is the 5th largest theatre chain in North America. With more than 80 years of colorful history, Harkins Theatres remains the Southwest’s premier entertainment company.
Harkins Theatres seeks a talented Systems Administrator II to join the Information Technology team at the Theatre Support Office in Scottsdale, AZ. The Systems Administrator II will design, implement, and support Harkins systems, data storage solutions, and other associated server infrastructure to ensure a stable and efficient computing environment. Install, configure, and manage domain services, Office 365, hypervisors, monitoring tools, patch management, system backups and other technology solutions as directed by your supervisor.
- Leads the systems administration team in maintaining server infrastructure, including physical servers, storage solutions, virtualization technologies, and cloud-based infrastructure.
- Designs, recommends, and implements server infrastructure upgrades.
- Designs and supports Active Directory services, organizational units, DNS records and group policies.
- Designs and supports server operating systems, and third-party applications.
- Performs server audits and health checks.
- Responds to, troubleshoots and resolves IT helpdesk tickets and assists other team members in issue resolution.
- Designs, implements, and maintains e-mail, SPAM and archive systems.
- Designs, implements, performs and monitors backup and recovery procedures.
- Designs, implements, and maintains patch management solutions.
- Researches and recommends new technologies and systems to improve processes, efficiencies and security.
- Must carry a smart phone and be available outside of regular work time to respond via email, text and voice for critical/emergency situations or for scheduled maintenance.
- Leads the team in accommodating PCI Compliance requirements.
- Provides technical guidance to the technical services team as needed.
- Leads the administration and management of software and systems security as needed.
- Remains up to date with industry knowledge, technology advancements and best practices.
- Assists with placement and deployment of servers requiring lifting up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED and 4-7 years’ experience in system administration of Microsoft operating systems.
- Training and mentoring experience.
- Embraces Harkins inclusiveness and treats everyone with respect. Works well as part of a team and assumes the best intentions of everyone. Works collaboratively to achieve company goals.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor. Demonstrates unimpeachable integrity and accountability. Communicates professionally in all circumstances.
- Guest service experience desired.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to lift 25 to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Able to read/write/speak English.
- Able to focus with frequent interruptions and navigate aggressive deadlines.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA