Sr. Human Resources Manager
Harkins Theatres is a privately owned and operated business, founded and based in Arizona since 1933. With 33 locations in 4 states, Harkins Theatres is the 5th largest theatre chain in North America. With more than 80 years of colorful history, Harkins Theatres remains the Southwest’s premier entertainment company.
Harkins Theatres is searching for a dynamic Senior Human Resources Manager to join our Human Resources Team at the Theatre Support Office based in beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona.
The ideal candidate will lead the human resources business partner team to create partnerships and provide HR support with department heads and Theatre Operations management teams. They will provide HR support in the following areas: employee relations, employee engagement, investigations, employment separations, unemployment administration, leaves of absence, workplace accommodations, workers compensation, benefits administration, workforce planning, employee development, training, employee well-being, and employee reward & recognition programs. The Human Resources manager will also partner with department heads and operations to roll out HR initiatives and effectively communicate internal topics.
- Serve as the primary leader for our Business Partner team, responsible for building and leading a growing team of human resource professionals. Supervises the daily responsibilities, conducts regular meetings, assigns projects, follow-up, etc.
- Ensure operational consistency and best practices are in place and being used by monitoring and reviewing BP’s investigations, responses, recommendations and strategies for responding to employee relations inquiries. Partner with legal, internal audit, IT and operations to investigate where needed and ensure all documentation is completed and sent to the appropriate people.
- Partner and coach managers and employees on matters including policies and best practices, employee or personal development, relevant laws, regulations, performance issues and corrective action. Provide solution-oriented recommendations and support where needed. Assist managers with written and verbal communication for coaching and counseling employees.
- Accountable for case management, progress reporting, accurate documentation and tracking of all internal investigations.
- Keep up to date on employment regulations, local, state and federal laws/requirements, industry trends, current practices, new developments, employment legislations and employment compliance.
- Analyze employee data including survey results, churn and organizational health assessments and partner with managers to set engagement strategy & identify mitigation opportunities.
- Manages the unemployment administration including reviewing claims, handling hearings and quarterly report review.
- Oversees and ensures that leave of absences, workplace accommodation, interactive process, COBRA notifications are administered timely and properly.
- Oversees benefit administration, open enrollment, wellness program, employee engagement and rewards & recognition programs.
- Partners with training team for new company programs, training and development.
- Promotes an open-door practice and remains available to all employees throughout the organization for questions, comments, concerns and follow up while maintaining a partnership with leadership.
- Manages the exit questionnaire program which includes program design, data entry, reporting and following up with former employees, as requested.
- Administers corporate events, programs and giveaways.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally with all levels within the organization as well as with external contacts with varying professional disciplines.
- Regular attendance and physical presence at the work site.
- Although minimal, some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
- Sets high standards for self while maintaining company standards, policies, and procedures to ensure delivery of the ultimate moviegoing experience at all times.
- Maintains a professional working environment while setting a positive and professional example for others to follow.
- Requires typing on a computer, reaching, stretching, twisting, bending, lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds, pushing, pulling, interacting with others, speaking on the telephone, problem solving, cognitive skills and leading a team of employees.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years’ experience with 3+ at a manager level or 10+ years’ experience in human resources with 5+ being at a manager level.
- Multi-unit/multi-state required; California experience preferred.
- SHRM or HRCI Certification preferred.
- Supervisory/training/mentoring experience required.
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures and their application in the day-to-day working environment is critical.
- Embraces Harkins inclusiveness and treats everyone with respect. Works well as part of a team and assumes the best intentions of everyone. Works collaboratively to achieve company goals.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor. Demonstrates unimpeachable integrity and accountability. Communicates professionally in all circumstances.
- Proficient in an array of technical tools: Microsoft office products including Excel, Word, and Dayforce.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and ability to exercise excellent judgment and discretion in maintaining and communicating confidential and sensitive information.
- Able to prioritize and work on multiple projects and tasks with frequent interruptions while maintaining flexibility and composure.
- Self-starter, fast learner with a can-do spirit. Able to navigate aggressive deadlines and work independently as well as with a team.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatres is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA