Harkins Theatres is a privately owned and operated business, founded and based in Arizona since 1933. With 33 locations in 4 states, Harkins Theatres is the 5th largest theatre chain in North America. With more than 80 years of colorful history, Harkins Theatres remains the Southwest’s premier entertainment company.
The Sales Specialist will be accountable for incoming lead volume and email inquiries. They will collaborate with Sales Managers to lead all day-to-day activities relating to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
- Responds to inbound and repeat customer sales inquiries from target markets, potential group clients and customers seeking theatre space, private screenings, meetings, field trips, IMAX programs, birthday parties, food and beverage services, unique spaces (Freezer, patio), events, etc.
- Plans and implements sales activities and events to achieve the annual sales objectives.
- Identifies the appropriate approach for selling the theatre space and pricing both internally and externally.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals, including developing creative ways to drive sales each day.
- Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to present Harkins’ value.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (i.e. generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence). Partners with operations department and theatres to ensure all details of the event are communicated.
- Works with Sales team to coordinate the direct mail pieces, email communications, invitations, collateral, event agendas, post event surveys and timelines as needed.
- May conduct direct sales solicitation via telephone, contracts and written communications. Professionally conducts routine telemarketing activities to identify new business opportunities.
- Excellent prospecting, resourcefulness, communication, presentation, guest service and networking skills.
- Movie theatre experience a plus.
- Professional demeanor and impeccable integrity.
- Experience dealing directly with small to mid-sized, local business owners and decision makers.
- Knowledge of the Tripleseat event booking system a plus
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, Access, and Internet research.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and ability to exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatresis proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Sales
- Pay Type Hourly
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA