Senior Manager of Design & Development
Harkins Theatres is a privately owned and operated business, founded and based in Arizona since 1933. With 33 locations in 4 states, Harkins Theatres is the 5th largest theatre chain in North America. With more than 80 years of colorful history, Harkins Theatres remains the Southwest’s premier entertainment company.
The Senior Manager of Design and Development manages overall coordination of all pre-construction activities, including due diligence, feasibility studies, drawings, surveys, permits, zoning, etc. Monitors and oversees tracking reports and pre-construction activities for company rollout schedules.
- Manages architects, consultants and other employees for all design and development activities, to ensure projects start on time.
- Ensures clear and accurate reporting of active, pending and completed projects is maintained and understood within the team and that all internal partners are kept abreast of their related projects on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with internal partners to determine needs and opportunities to improve design and/or construction materials and methods.
- Maintains prototypical designs, drawings and specifications.
- Conducts code research for building, zoning, permitting, health, etc. and builds schedules accordingly.
- Prepares and presents design packages to the executive team for approval.
- Compiles design and development team ideas, drawings and feedback and presents to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborates with internal partners to develop Pre-Construction budgets.
- Reviews architectural and design contracts, bids, and change orders to ensure accuracy with scope of work and compliance with corporate standards.
- Represents the company in business with consultants, contractors, developers, and various public agencies and officials.
- Manages sign process, from concept through internal approvals and permit
- Thorough knowledge of American Institute of Architects (AIA) contract documents.
- Supervises the design and development team including interviewing, selecting, training, mentoring, team building, performance evaluations and setting developmental goals.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally to all levels of employees and external contacts with varying professional disciplines.
- Regular attendance and physical presence at the work site with approximately 20% travel.
- Sets high standards for self while maintaining company standards, policies, and procedures to ensure delivery of the ultimate moviegoing experience at all times.
- Maintains a professional working environment while setting a positive and professional example for the team to follow.
- Requires bending, stretching, reaching, squatting, twisting, standing, walking on flat and uneven surfaces, sitting, typing on a computer, speaking on the telephone, lifting up to 25 pounds, interacting with others, problem solving, cognitive skills, and directing a group of employees.
- Maintains and updates the procedure manual for this position.
- Conducts industry, technology, material science, current trends and product research to keep Harkins at the forefront of the industry.
- Researches and recommends energy-saving materials and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years’ experience in construction and/or architectural management, including 3+ years leading high-performing teams.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret legal documents, specifications, blueprints and schematics, business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, government regulations, and effectively negotiate price and contractual agreements with vendors.
- Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, apply concepts such as fractions, ratios and proportions to practical situations, and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, area and volume.
- Resourceful and diligent in seeking solutions to problems and adapting to new situations.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor. Demonstrates unimpeachable integrity and accountability. Communicates professionally in all circumstances.
- Embraces Harkins inclusiveness and treats everyone with respect. Works well as part of a team and assumes the best intentions of everyone. Works collaboratively to achieve company goals.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Construction
- Pay Type Salary
- Harkins Theatres, 8901 E. McDonald Drive, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America