Information Technology - Technical Services Specialist III
Harkins Theatres is a privately owned and operated business, founded and based in Arizona since 1933. With 33 locations in 4 states, Harkins Theatres is the 5th largest theatre chain in North America. With more than 80 years of colorful history, Harkins Theatres remains the Southwest’s premier entertainment company.
Harkins Theatres is looking for a Technical Services Specialist III to join our Information Technology team. The Technical Services Specialist III provides advanced technical support for all technology including desktop computing hardware/software, Point-of-Sale (POS), phone, CCTV, projection, sound systems, and/or other related technology systems. They assist with security system maintenance and troubleshooting including security and access controls.
- Responds to, troubleshoots and resolves helpdesk tickets and provides others with guidance/instruction for completing work orders or repairs to company equipment.
- Performs extensive work and maintenance of projection and sound systems including component level part replacement, replacement of bulbs, lubrication and adjustment of projectors, and physical cleaning of electronic equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs acute performance problems with the projection and sound systems.
- Works safely with electrical distribution systems at the theatre level.
- Manages, sets up and tests theatre rentals requiring audio and/or video presentation including the allocation of equipment to ensure overlapping events are properly equipped and staffed.
- Operates equipment for rentals when needed or instructs management on equipment operation.
- Takes down, properly stores and inventories equipment upon completion of theatre rentals.
- Performs preventative maintenance on technical equipment as scheduled or assigned.
- Install, configure, secure, maintain and monitor workstations, printers and other associated equipment to ensure a stable and efficient computing environment.
- Maintains and troubleshoots desktop/laptop computing systems and provides first level support of servers and data networking technology.
- Installs, configures and manages software including operating systems, productivity tools, anti-virus and other software systems.
- Assists with managing network accounts, email groups and other software systems.
- Assists with security system maintenance including cabling, installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting CCTV digital recorders, cameras, access control systems and related equipment.
- Reviews security logs, performs audit procedures daily, monitors systems and assists with user code verification during internal audits.
- Develops and maintains appropriate relationships with employees to facilitate communication on issues and feedback.
- Assists with the running of wires and cables, and the assembly and installation of equipment associated with new theatre construction.
- Assists in the development of documentation for projects, systems and processes.
- Assists with user training.
- Works with vendors and maintenance teams to support technology systems.
- Tracks and manages hardware inventory.
- Manages the shipping, exchange and repair of technology hardware per maintenance agreements.
- Maintains theatre signage, HDN network equipment and special lighting.
- Flexible to work variable schedules.
- Travel required between designated company locations daily with up to 15% out-of-town travel.
- Must carry a company cell phone and be available evenings and weekends for emergencies.
- Must have current auto insurance and valid driver’s license at all times.
- Performs and assists others with special projects as assigned.
- College degree or high school diploma or GED, and 5 years computer hardware and software maintenance experience.
- 5 years’ experience in movie theatre projection, sound, desktop, POS support, and administration of Microsoft operating systems.
- Experience working with peripheral devices and other computer-based systems such as CCTV, phone systems, etc.
- Experience with basic computer networking and computer security account management preferred.
- Working experience with Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, the full Microsoft Office suite and Internet research.
- Able to train and support of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Supervisory/training/mentoring experience a plus.
- Able to operate appropriate test equipment (oscilloscope, volt-ohm meter, audio analysis, light meter).
- Able to perform and train lock out-tag out procedures.
- Must pass a written proficiency test of necessary skills and knowledge.
- Flexible to work variable schedules and accept added responsibilities.
- Reliable work vehicle and willingness to travel.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to read/write English.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short and long term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Company 401k match of 100% for the first 6%
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Pay Type Hourly
- Harkins Theatres, 8901 E. McDonald Drive, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America