Senior Systems Developer
The Senior Systems Developer drives and contributes to the development of new IT systems, modifications of existing systems, and systems maintenance and support.Also responsible for the performance and development of the IT systems development team members; including directing efforts, providing leadership, assessing effectiveness, and developing technical and communications skills.
- Leads and develops IT systems development team members including; directing efforts, providing leadership and guidance, assessing effectiveness, and developing technical and communications skills.
- Leads development projects by performing needs assessment, requirements gathering, design, development and implementation of new applications and in modifications to existing systems and applications.
- Reviews and provides estimates on new projects and enhancements to existing systems.
- Responds to, troubleshoots and resolves IT helpdesk tickets and assists other team members in issue resolution.
- Manages the design, development, implementation and maintenance of web applications and web services.
- Manages the design, development, implementation and maintenance of databases.
- Directs the security of the Harkins network and secures access to systems within the network.
- Develops and maintains vendor relationships.
- Develops and establishes programming standards.
- Assists in the development of department and company policies.
- Regular attendance and physical presence at the work site.
- Sets high standards for self while maintaining company standards, policies, and procedures to ensure delivery of the ultimate moviegoing experience at all times.
- Maintains a professional working environment while setting a positive and professional example.
- Requires typing on a computer, reaching, interacting with vendors and employees, problem solving, cognitive skills, bending, lifting/carrying items, twisting, pushing, pulling and leading a group of employees.
- Maintains desktop computers, servers, routers, firewalls and other LAN and WAN components.
- Configures web, e-mail and other types of systems and services.
- Designs network security and configurations in conjunction with systems development projects.
- Contributes recommendations on systems, processes and infrastructure improvements.
- College diploma or university degree in a computer programming related field or high school diploma/GED and 4 years equivalent work.
- 6 years programming experience with at least 3 years as a systems development project leader.
- Significant training and experience with MS SQL Server, MS Visual Studio .NET, HTML, XML, and Java.
- 4 years practical experience with Microsoft operating systems, active directory, and LAN/WAN technologies.
- Maintains a professional attitude anddemeanor. Demonstrates unimpeachable integrity and accountability. Communicates professionally in all circumstances.
- Embraces Harkins inclusiveness and treats everyone with respect. Works well as part of a team and assumes the best intentions of everyone. Works collaboratively to achievecompany goals. Supervisory/team building/mentoring experience a plus.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet research.
- Demonstrates good problem solving abilities and awareness of surrounding issues.
- Able to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Capable of remaining calm and using good judgment in elevating situations.
- Able to focus with frequent interruptions and navigating aggressive deadlines.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and ability to exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by the company
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn
- Free movies and much more!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary
- Harkins Theatres, 8901 E. McDonald Drive, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America