Harkins Theatres seeks a skilled Analyst II to join our Analytics Team in Scottsdale, Arizona. The position is responsible for the design and delivery of user-friendly reporting solutions utilizing our internal data warehouse and business intelligence platforms. The main function of this position is to assist our internal teams with data driven decisions. This position requires the use of data extraction (SSMS, Power BI, Excel, etc.) and data visualization tools (Excel, SSRS, etc.) to execute repeatable and ad-hoc requests. The end products will be presented and consumed throughout the organization to drive business decisions.
- Works with stakeholders to understand reporting requirements, create prototypes and deliver a finished product using business intelligence tools (PowerBI and SSRS).
- Builds self-service reporting functionality including dashboards, data dictionaries and training materials.
- Analyzes the needs from internal resources and creates new reporting functionality to support business decisions.
- Works with cross-functional departments to flesh out specific needs, process and practices that will need to be analyzed.
- Evaluates and recommends ideas and process improvements related to analytical reporting and data storage.
- Uses business acumen and knowledge to assist stakeholders with their needs and present alternative ideas to augment their initiatives through the use of data.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization, including technical and non-technical.
- Participates in department meetings and on committees, as appropriate.
- 3+ years experience developing reports using Microsoft BI and SSRS.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Adept at solving complex analytics questions and providing answers and recommendations in an understandable format.
- Understanding of relational and dimensional database concepts and vision, with proven ability in writing complex and efficient SQL queries.
- High level of demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with reporting, data validation, data analysis and business intelligence.
- Ability to drive strategy, work with data and analytics, and demonstrate capability in effective and creative reporting strategies.
- Understanding of the SQL server stack including 2008 R2, 2012, 2016.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor. Demonstrates unimpeachable integrity and accountability. Communicates professionally in all circumstances.
- Embraces Harkins inclusiveness and treats everyone with respect. Works well as part of a team and assumes the best intentions of everyone. Works collaboratively to achieve company goals.
- Organized with exceptional attention to detail and ability to exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Harkins Theatres, 8901 E. McDonald Drive, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America