Harkins Theatres seeks a skilled Accounting Specialist to join our Accounting Team in Scottsdale, Arizona. This position works with the movie studios and ensures the timely and accurate fulfillment of all film rent payables and box office reporting. Requires frequent communication with movie studio representatives to resolve billing differences and with internal partners to resolve reporting requirements.
- Enter approved film rent terms in database/processing application.
- Monitor film contracts against movie performance and enter film rent adjustments per the terms of the agreement
- Analyze and validate the film rent back-end data to ensure accuracy prior to report creation for internal and external distribution.
- Create and distribute financial reporting to facilitate payables for accounting and movie studios each week. Report format may vary by studio and require custom reports.
- Work with studio partners to reconcile billings, payments, and box office reporting inquiries.
- Work with internal departments including Film, Internal Audit, and IT to enhance the accuracy and efficiency of the payment and reporting processes.
- Provide reports to executive management on an ad hoc basis.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating position written procedures.
- Regular attendance and physical presence at the work site.
- High school diploma or GED and 4+ years of proven accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, economics, accounting or statistics strongly preferred.
- Experience in the entertainment or theatrical exhibition industry preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with MS Office, databases, and accounting software.
- Excellent data entry and data analysis skills.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor. Demonstrates unimpeachable integrity and accountability. Communicates professionally in all circumstances.
- Embraces Harkins inclusiveness and treats everyone with respect. Works well as part of a team and assumes the best intentions of everyone. Works collaboratively to achieve company goals.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and ability to exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Accounting
- Pay Type Hourly
- Harkins Theatres, 8901 E. McDonald Drive, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America