Inventory Control Clerk
Join our Team as we Grow Together! As the largest independent wholesale food distributor in the U.S., with 15 distribution centers from coast-to-coast, Harvest Sherwood is an essential and critical infrastructure business. We buy, sell and deliver fresh, high quality protein products and other foods to over 6,000 retail and foodservice customers. As a trusted partner and value-added link between our suppliers and customers, we meet local needs of the communities we serve reliably and frequently on a national scale.
We are One diverse Team helping our customer and vendor partners capture value and win in an increasingly dynamic environment. During the COVID-19 pandemic we have continued to operate Safely and Efficiently, and we live our other shared values every day. Trust and Integrity is the foundation of our work culture. We are Growing Together through Teamwork and Respect. We are Loyal and Committed to each other and every day we strive to do our best work with a Positive Mindset. If you share these values, we invite you to join our Team.
Harvest Sherwood is a great place to work where we can all develop and Grow Together by seizing opportunities, learning new skills, and taking on greater responsibility. We encourage you to bring your talent and effort to Harvest Sherwood and contribute to our shared success, while having fun supporting each other, serving our customers, and creating value for them, our vendors and investors, and strengthening the local communities in which we operate.
The Inventory Control Clerk will perform a variety of clerk functions including but not limited to maintaining inventory and receiving products. This position will have regular interfacing with all departments. The Inventory Control Clerk will organize time in an efficient and timely manner to properly open and close the warehouse and run an efficient and safe warehouse.
The Inventory Control Clerk will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Help establish and follow company procedures for special projects, direct buys or specific items need it for the export market
- Ensure proper billing and shipping of products per each account
- Assist the sales team, procurement and finance departments with any help need it involving export category
- Verify reserve storage locations and dates
- Locate lost or misplaced pallets/product
- Other duties as directed
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- 1 or more years of experience working within distribution center inventory
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate and effectively lead others
- Demonstrates ability in using independent judgment in determining how to approach and solve problems
- Ability to think through multiple alternatives and potential consequences to determine the best outcome
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills; using approach vocabulary and grammar
- Highly organized with strong quantitative abilities
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and organize prioritize multiple duties
Harvest-Sherwood is committed to offering competitive benefits to our employees and their dependents, including paid vacation, health insurances, and a 401K plan!
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hamilton Meats, 3515 Main Street, Chula Vista, California, United States of America