Join our Team as we Grow Together! As the largest independent wholesale food distributor in the U.S., with 15 distribution centers from coast-to-coast, Harvest Sherwood is an essential and critical infrastructure business. We buy, sell and deliver fresh, high quality protein products and other foods to over 6,000 retail and foodservice customers. As a trusted partner and value-added link between our suppliers and customers, we meet local needs of the communities we serve reliably and frequently on a national scale.
We are One diverse Team helping our customer and vendor partners capture value and win in an increasingly dynamic environment. During the COVID-19 pandemic we have continued to operate Safely and Efficiently, and we live our other shared values every day. Trust and Integrity is the foundation of our work culture. We are Growing Together through Teamwork and Respect. We are Loyal and Committed to each other and every day we strive to do our best work with a Positive Mindset. If you share these values, we invite you to join our Team.
Harvest Sherwood is a great place to work where we can all develop and Grow Together by seizing opportunities, learning new skills, and taking on greater responsibility. We encourage you to bring your talent and effort to Harvest Sherwood and contribute to our shared success, while having fun supporting each other, serving our customers, and creating value for them, our vendors and investors, and strengthening the local communities in which we operate.
The Warehouse Clerk, under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations, will perform a variety of functions, including but not limited to, assisting in projects conducted by the operations department, as well as updating and distributing reports vital to corporate initiatives.
The Warehouse Clerk will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Assist with gathering and processing PTO requests, KPI’S and reports and spreadsheets
- Assist with matching all BOLs with POs and completing the receiving register
- Assist with the production report
- Gather and verify all warehouse forms are completed properly
- Invoice all vendor orders
- Assist with will calls
- Run all Ops reports nightly from ERP systems and import to Excel
- Perform other tasks as needed
- Resolve problems with purchase orders as they arise
- Resolve problems with sales orders as they arise
- Resolve problems with the item files as they arise
- Assist colleagues as needed
- Perform other tasks and special projects as needed
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work a night schedule, including weekends and some holidays.(shift 2:30AM-10:30PM)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Harvest-Sherwood is committed to offering competitive benefits to our employees and their dependents, including paid vacation, health insurances, and a 401K plan!
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hamilton Meats, 3515 Main Street, Chula Vista, California, United States of America