Customer Service Representative
Join our Team as we Grow Together! As the largest independent wholesale food distributor in the U.S., with 15 distribution centers from coast-to-coast, Harvest Sherwood is an essential and critical infrastructure business. We buy, sell and deliver fresh, high quality protein products and other foods to over 6,000 retail and foodservice customers. As a trusted partner and value-added link between our suppliers and customers, we meet local needs of the communities we serve reliably and frequently on a national scale.
We are One diverse Team helping our customer and vendor partners capture value and win in an increasingly dynamic environment. During the COVID-19 pandemic we have continued to operate Safely and Efficiently, and we live our other shared values every day. Trust and Integrity is the foundation of our work culture. We are Growing Together through Teamwork and Respect. We are Loyal and Committed to each other and every day we strive to do our best work with a Positive Mindset. If you share these values, we invite you to join our Team.
Harvest Sherwood is a great place to work where we can all develop and Grow Together by seizing opportunities, learning new skills, and taking on greater responsibility. We encourage you to bring your talent and effort to Harvest Sherwood and contribute to our shared success, while having fun supporting each other, serving our customers, and creating value for them, our vendors and investors, and strengthening the local communities in which we operate.
The Customer Service Representative interacts with customers to resolve issues and provide information in response to inquiries about products and services. This position de-escalates customer concerns and supports customers and sales team by providing product/services information and resolve any emerging problems that our customers might face with accuracy and efficiency. The target is to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries and maintain high customer satisfaction.
The Customer Service Representative will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Order processing with computer and database systems.
- Listen to customer concerns and complaints with the goal of identifying the causes of the problem. Select appropriate responses to customer issues and work quickly to resolve. Escalate complex issues to management for resolution, providing background information as necessary
- Answer any questions the customer may have about available products and services
- Anticipate customer needs, following up with previous customers to ensure successful resolution
- Handle small projects and meet deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2+ years of experience in customer experience, preferably in the food industry
- Proficient on computer (Outlook, Excel, general typing skills)
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Flexibility to work varied shifts
- Experience working in a fast-paced, changing environment that requires accuracy, multi-tasking and communicating in an efficient manner.
- Demonstrated initiative, urgency, commitment, and ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict, build consensus and facilitate problem-solving and collaboration in a matrix environment.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
Harvest-Sherwood is committed to offering competitive benefits to our employees and their dependents, including paid vacation, health insurances, and a 401K plan!
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Sales
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hamilton Meats, 3515 Main Street, Chula Vista, California, United States of America