Join our Team as we Grow Together! As the largest independent wholesale food distributor in the U.S., with 15 distribution centers from coast-to-coast, Harvest Sherwood is an essential and critical infrastructure business. We buy, sell and deliver fresh, high quality protein products and other foods to over 6,000 retail and foodservice customers. As a trusted partner and value-added link between our suppliers and customers, we meet local needs of the communities we serve reliably and frequently on a national scale.
We are One diverse Team helping our customer and vendor partners capture value and win in an increasingly dynamic environment. During the COVID-19 pandemic we have continued to operate Safely and Efficiently, and we live our other shared values every day. Trust and Integrity is the foundation of our work culture. We are Growing Together through Teamwork and Respect. We are Loyal and Committed to each other and every day we strive to do our best work with a Positive Mindset. If you share these values, we invite you to join our Team.
Harvest Sherwood is a great place to work where we can all develop and Grow Together by seizing opportunities, learning new skills, and taking on greater responsibility. We encourage you to bring your talent and effort to Harvest Sherwood and contribute to our shared success, while having fun supporting each other, serving our customers, and creating value for them, our vendors and investors, and strengthening the local communities in which we operate.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising the Production staff, which includes the meat cutters, packaging associates, and meat grinding associates. The Production Supervisor oversees packaging of all meat products that enter and exit the production room. The Production Supervisor will ensure that the Production staff maintain proper sanitation standards and follow the Company’s HACCP & SQF Programs; interacting with the U.S.D.A. Inspector while following all U.S.D.A. guidelines.
The Production Supervisor will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Must understand all equipment in the production room
- Must be a strong leader
- Must be proficient in meat trimming skills, and capable of maximizing the value of all cuts by meeting expected yields
- Oversee accurate cuts and trimming and yield specifications as specified by information provided by cut tickets
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations
- Properly and accurately record all necessary data to produce assigned cutting yield tests
- Maintain work areas in compliance with U.S.D.A. guidelines
- Assemble and tear down any equipment in work area at the beginning and/or end of shifts
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Maintain weekly production schedule to meet fill rate goals
- Communicate directly with other production managers to ensure proper production scheduling
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High-level experience with meat trimming/cutting (8+ years or more)
- Thorough understanding of meat cuts (beef, pork, veal, lamb, poultry, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience in a supervisor/manager position
- Working in a refrigerated environment (30-40 degrees)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift between 1 – 75 lbs
- Excellent organizational, multi-task and communication skills
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and a flexible schedule
Harvest-Sherwood is committed to offering competitive benefits to our employees and their dependents, including paid vacation, health insurances, and a 401K plan!
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse
- Pay Type Salary
- Hamilton Meats, 3515 Main Street, Chula Vista, California, United States of America