Production Packaging Associate
We encourage you to bring your talent and effort to Harvest Sherwood and contribute to our shared success, while having fun, serving our customers, and strengthening the local communities in which we operate. As the largest independent wholesale food distributor in the U.S., with 15 distribution centers from coast-to-coast, Harvest Sherwood is an essential business. We buy, sell and deliver fresh, high quality protein products and other foods to over 6,000 retail and foodservice customers.
The Production Packaging Associate is responsible for packaging, verifying weight, and labeling meat products. This position will verify pulled items are correct and help maintain inventory of packages.
The Production Packaging Associate will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
· Adhere to all company rules and policies to ensure safety and productivity
· Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times
· Comply with safety policies and procedures
· Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations
· Clean and maintain the store floor clean and free of debris that may pose a threat to employee and customer safety
· Complete customer orders in a timely manner
· Follow departmental procedures for safety, proper food handling, and sanitation according to local, state, and federal health code regulations
· Move stock from storage to shelf areas
· Properly wrap, weigh, and label meat trays according to weights-and-measures standards
· Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks
· Notify management of any high end issues and reoccurring issues
· Record measurement, weight and product count and keep track of inventory
· Stack and pile finished goods into containers and prepare items for shipment
Qualifications and Experience
- One year experience in meat wrapping
- High school diploma is preferred, but not required
- Must have initiative, be dependable, and provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work with limited supervision and solve practical problems independently
- Ability to perform daily work with wrapping machinery.
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse
- Job Function Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hamilton Meats, 3515 Main Street, Chula Vista, California, United States of America