Customer Service Supervisor
We encourage you to bring your talent and effort to Harvest Sherwood and contribute to our shared success, while having fun, serving our customers, and strengthening the local communities in which we operate. As the largest independent wholesale food distributor in the U.S., with 15 distribution centers from coast-to-coast, Harvest Sherwood is an essential business. We buy, sell and deliver fresh, high quality protein products and other foods to over 6,000 retail and foodservice customers.
The Customer Service Supervisor oversees the Customer Care and Sales Support Department and manages the Customer Care Representatives.
The Customer Service Supervisor will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Receives and processes orders in an accurate and timely manner, exceeding customer expectations
- Responds to customer and sales associate inquiries/requests for information concerning orders, deliveries or problems (such as product quality, delivery problems, delivery schedules, or product availability) all in a considerate and professional manner
- Develops excellent communication and relationships with Sales Associates and their accounts
- Acts as secondary contact person for accounts when Sales Associates are unavailable
- Must be able to multitask and handle multiple incoming lines
- Answer incoming branch calls and transfer to appropriate extensions as needed
- Demonstrate self-confidence and interpersonal communications skills, excellent telephone voice, manner, and etiquette
- Must project a professional and positive attitude
- Operate in a “no surprise” manner with both external and internal customers
- Interfaces with other departments within the branch with required information to ensure total customer satisfaction
- Perform other tasks and special projects as needed
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- High school diploma or GED required, college degree preferred
- Previous management experience within customer service environment and/or sales office
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and access)
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Sales
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hamilton Meats, 3515 Main Street, Chula Vista, California, United States of America