We encourage you to bring your talent and effort to Harvest Sherwood and contribute to our shared success, while having fun, serving our customers, and strengthening the local communities in which we operate. As the largest independent wholesale food distributor in the U.S., with 15 distribution centers from coast-to-coast, Harvest Sherwood is an essential business. We buy, sell and deliver fresh, high quality protein products and other foods to over 6,000 retail and foodservice customers.
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for a variety of functions including but not limited to, loading and unloading trailers, receiving produce from outside carriers and company pickups. Processing and returning product to inventory.
The Warehouse Associate will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Prepare dock for receiving
- Clear dock area of debris and sweep if necessary
- Have paperwork matched (P.O. and Bill of Lading) and ready for receiving
- Have pallets set up at doors
- Count all products, check all dates, and scan all codes to verify that they are set up in the scanning system.
- Slot product if necessary
- Check temperature on each item off each carrier with prob.
- Report any shortage or rejections by noting on bills and a claim called into the vendor for claim number
- Verify all counts and quality of product before signing carriers Bill of Ladings.
- Enter all receiving data into the system and stamp purchase orders as received.
- Pull runs, second runs or will-call orders as needed.
- Inventory product as needed.
- Repair/tape all broken boxes as needed.
- Daily safety check of assigned warehouse equipment.
- Restock returned product daily.
- Notify supervisor of any product that must go into the freezer.
- Notify supervisor of any injury’s and/or damage.
- Maintain the work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 or more years of experience working within a distribution environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word programs
- Must be able to work a varied schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment and have experience operating forklift and pallet jack
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse
- Job Function Warehouse
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hamilton Meats, 3515 Main Street, Chula Vista, California, United States of America