Underwriting Support Specialist- Lead
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your career, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
As the Underwriting Support Specialist Team Lead, you will function as a leader and guide for associates in delivering underwriting services. You will lead risk management processes and assure both the financial integrity and strategic compatibility of underwriting decisions within the company.
- Oversee the effective assessment of financial risk by underwriting associates
- Ensure that underwriting associates understand departmental goals and the role of the department in achieving Home Point's business objectives
- Identifies training opportunities and works with new and existing underwriters to strengthen knowledge
- Works with underwriters, sales, and management on escalated files to ensure swift resolution
- Facilitate daily contact with various levels of management, sales personnel, and internal associates across all operational areas
- Promote high-quality performance by developing and clearly outlining expectations for each associate
- Extensive knowledge of FMNA, FHCMC, VA, USDA, and FHA underwriting guidelines
- Quality control to ensure loans meet investors requirements
- Handle audits from HUD and investors
- All other duties as assigned by the executive management and Underwriting Director
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or a related field preferred
- Experience coaching and developing staff for bench strength
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions on exceptions
- Ability to handle escalations
Homepoint is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Homepoint’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
- Pay Type Hourly