If you want to help "unleash the potential in people" Hope Haven is the place for you. Hope Haven offers a comprehensive benefits package including: major medical insurance, supplemental insurance, paid holidays and vacation, retirement plan, and skill advancement programs.
Our Children’s Community Living teams are growing, and we need experienced Human Services candidates to lead them! This position guides the lifeblood of what we do; our Leads develop and train our staff, help create a warm, engaging, learning environment for our children and their families, and promote positive, forward-thinking communication. Our Leads are an important part of our mission. While this job does have a few physical requirements (when assisting with general indoor and outdoor maintenance as well as our recreational activities), expect your heart to most of the heavy lifting; this job requires compassion, patience, love, faith, and a warm, exuberant attitude.
In addition to the above, to become a Lead, we require the following:
* BA or BS degree in a Human Services field and/or 2 years experience in Human Services
* Confident writing and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational, documentation, and leadership skills, including delegating, conflict management, and training
* Good judgment and problem-solving skills
* Ability to complete required orientation and continued education training
* Ability to work with children with mental illness, intellectual disabilities, and behavior concerns, providing support in all aspects of daily living as directed by each client’s individual goals
* A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, & proof of insurance
* Ability to pass a health assessment, drug screening, & criminal background check
- Pay Type Hourly
- Storm Lake, Storm Lake, Iowa, United States of America