Children's Direct Support Professional Float
If you want to help "unleash the potential in people", Hope Haven is the place for you. Hope Haven offers a comprehensive benefits package including: major medical insurance, supplemental insurance, paid holidays and vacation, retirement plan, and skill advancement programs.
Because of the growing needs of our organization, Hope Haven is looking for a full time Direct Support Professional (DSP) Float to serve several of our Hope Haven locations as needed. This person will schedule their own hours based upon the open shifts within their designated areas. These work shifts will include a minimum 40 hours per week which includes every other weekend. Shift hours available are from 2:30p-10:00p, every other weekend morning 6:30a-8:30a.
Our “floating” Direct Support Professionals ensure a continuity of care and service, which is critical to our clients and our organization. Clients and their families rely on us to provide recreational and learning activities, support their physical, mental, and emotional needs, and promote a positive, forward-thinking environment that allows everyone to thrive. While the job of a DSP Float does have a few physical requirements (when assisting with general indoor and outdoor maintenance as well as our recreational activities and clients), expect your heart to do most of the heavy lifting; this job requires compassion, patience, love, faith, and a warm, exuberant attitude.
In addition to the above, to become a DSP Float we require the following:
* High school diploma or ability to obtain GED/HSED
* Ability to complete required orientation and continued education training
* A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, & proof of insurance.
* Flexibility and adaptability with work hours, work location, and various co-workers
* Confident writing and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational and documentation skills
* Good judgment and problem-solving skills
* Positive, can-do attitude
* Ability to pass a health assessment, drug screening, & criminal background check
Candidates with skills in empathy, encouragement, flexibility, and can-do attitudes are welcome to apply for this rewarding position. If you believe your talents and experience are meant to help serve others, we would love to consider your application.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Orange City, 400 Central, Suite 500, Orange City, Iowa, United States of America