Job Coach Lead
If you want to help "unleash the potential in people", Hope Haven is the place for you. Hope Haven offers a comprehensive benefits package including: major medical insurance, supplemental insurance, paid holidays and vacation, retirement plan, and skill advancement programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct clients on specific job and work skills. Models and uses good decision making skills and accesses appropriate resources to assist in providing high quality services. Use initiative to think creatively, learn and grow; while following through with the challenges of the position.
2. Instruct clients on appropriate social and work-related skills.
3. Communicate with the clients about the work site job duties while on the job.
4. Complete assessments on clients as requested by Employment Specialist. Assist in providing input into development of client program plans.
5. Communicate openly with Employment Specialist regarding client performance, behavior and other concerns. Complete performance charts and documentation requirements as requested.
6. Assure production and quality standards are met each day.
7. Promote integration at the work site whenever possible through social interaction opportunities at break times, physical proximity of workers and by encouraging participating in social activities available to all workers at the work site. Acts as a liaison in the community to ensure smooth transitions and continuity of service.
8. Train clients in emergency procedures and safety measures among team and clients. Follows all safety procedures, promotes personal safety and safety measures among team and clients.
9. Train and provide assistance to clients with recording accurate timecard information. Assure quality and accuracy of timecard before submitting for payroll.
10. Monitor relationships between coworkers, employer, and supervisors to ensure positive and supportive communication.
11. Provide job coaching at various sites as assigned.
12. Complies with documentation policies by submitting accurate and timely paperwork, including progress notes, billing sheets, timesheets, expense logs and other required reports. Maintains documentation of services provided that clearly and legibly reflects the client’s goals, staff intervention and support, client response and progress made.
13. Completion of client training and wages progress reports.
14. Take a leading role in collection of client paystubs for monthly reporting to the Social Security Administration.
15. Assess the needs of the employer and determine how to meet their needs on a daily basis.
16. Compliance of Hope Haven policies and procedures.
17. Ability to work within the context of the Support Team in development and follow through on program plans.
18. Assist with hiring orientation and training of new job coaches or direct support professionals. Relative to responsibilities, work schedules, routines, policies, procedures and individual programming.
19. Provide input into performance evaluations for job coaches and direct support professionals and communicate any performance concerns with direct supervisor.
20. Develop schedules and making adjustments as needed by program needs.
21. Minimum of quarterly meetings with all local job coaches or direct support professionals regarding policy, work schedules, routines, employer expectations, documentation requirements (review any QA documentation concerns) and any new supported employment techniques coordinated with local Employment Specialists.
22. Other duties assigned by supervisor.
Requires physical ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
Requires physical ability to walk, stoop, stand and climb steps.
Requires the physical ability to drive.
- Requires Associate degree, or High School Diploma/GED and 6 months experience.
- Within 24 months from the date of hire, required to obtain one of the following Nationally Recognized Certificates of Completion of Job Coach Training:
Completion of Iowa APSE Foundations and Iowa APSE Job Coach or Job Development Training.
Completion of Direct Course: College of Employment Services (CES) Online Job Coaching course including Strategies for Job Development Part 2, Foundations of Employment Services, and Performance Coaching Parts 1 and 2.
- Complete 9.5 hours of employment service training within 6 months of hire and ongoing continuing education of 4 hours yearly in Employment Services.
- Must obtain CESP (Certified Employment Support Professional) within 24 months of the date of hire.
- Requires capacity to coordinate quality production according to established schedule.
- Creative and energetic. Proven teamwork skills and a positive role model.
- Access to own reliable personal vehicle and proof of state minimum insurance coverage.
- Valid Class C driver’s license required, unless driving a vehicle with a capacity of 8 or more, than a Class “D” license will be required and be an insurable driver with our insurance company.
- Ability to organize a variety of work areas to assure quality completion of job tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills / ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to supervise, teach, train, and motivate persons with disabilities, to reach their potential.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn about a wide variety of employment settings, requirements, and expectations.
- Must be computer literate.
- Up-to-date physical.
- Clearance from a criminal background check and abuse reporting check at time of hire.
- Medication Management Training as determined necessary.
- Negative drug screening.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sioux Center, Sioux Center, Iowa, United States of America