Children's Assistant Lead
If you want to help "unleash the potential in people", Hope Haven is the place for you. Hope Haven offers a comprehensive benefits package including: major medical insurance, supplemental insurance, paid holidays and vacation, retirement plan, and skill advancement programs.
Life requires us all to be “team players” and nowhere is that more true than as a Hope Haven Children’s Community Living Assistant Lead. It’s a long title with a long list of responsibilities, all of which make a profound difference in the lives of the direct support professionals you lead and the people we serve.
We are looking for the right candidate to help train, support, assist, and empower our compassionate staff to give their best on every level of their job. Additionally, this position is responsible for planning individual and small group events, arranging team schedules, creating a positive, enjoyable environment for our programs, and so many other things. This position is a job of many hats; if you love endless variety, surprises, challenges, and learning opportunities, you've made it this far in the job post for a reason.
To be an Assistant Lead, eligible candidates must have the following:
* BA or BS degree in Human Services and/or 2 years experience in Human Services, preferred.
* At least one year of case management experience, working with people in a wide range of developmental and/or psychiatric abilities.
* Confident writing and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational, documentation, and delegating skills
* Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
* Basic computer skills
* A valid Class C driver’s license (unless site requires Class D), reliable transportation, & proof of insurance.
* Ability to pass a health assessment, drug screening, & criminal background check
- Pay Type Hourly
- Storm Lake, Storm Lake, Iowa, United States of America