Manager, Paid Search
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Manager, Paid Search for the Digital Marketing department. You will be responsible for managing every aspect of an assigned portfolio of advertising campaigns on the organization's paid search and display platforms. You will also work with the Senior Manager, Digital Advertising and other stakeholders to align these campaigns with the Digital Marketing departments’ KPIs and the organization's larger advocacy, branding, fundraising and list growth goals.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and executing paid search campaigns on Google, Microsoft Ads, and other networks. Analyzing the performance of PPC campaigns and adjusting strategies accordingly with a focus on acquisition metrics such as conversion rates, cost per acquisition (CPA), and return on ad spend (RoAS);
- Managing and executing display campaigns on Google Display Network (GDN) and other media platforms. Duties include collaboration with creative teams for asset delivery, campaign set-up and ad trafficking across various platforms;
- Managing, training, and developing a team to create, execute and optimize campaigns for paid search and display;
- Developing new strategy ideas for existing and new campaigns. Aggressively testing new approaches and new advertising products and placements, while also monitoring and analyzing competitors in our vertical;
- Leading reporting on all search and display fundraising and acquisition initiatives to measure impact and guide strategy. Compiling and analyzing performance data of creative and landing pages to assess effectiveness and identify optimization opportunities;
- Developing keyword lists and drafting PPC ad copy in support of campaign strategies. Continuously monitoring for new competitive keyword opportunities to drive inbound traffic;
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, design, journalism, English, liberal arts, communications, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience required;
- A minimum of five (5) experience in online marketing or related field required, with at least three (3) years of PPC management experience required;
- Experience managing campaigns in Google Ads, Microsoft Ads and experience with Google Analytics;
- Experience working with multi-million-dollar budgets preferred;
- Demonstrated, intensive knowledge of the Internet, online trends, and the use of the Internet for fundraising and/or social change, and familiarity with social media and paid advertising techniques;
- Management/supervisory experience preferred;
- Professional/effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Knowledge and understanding of staff management practices and processes and the ability to establish accountabilities and expectations and manage performance to achieve results;
- Organizational, project, and priority management skills for planning, executing and following up on issues, projects and daily responsibilities in order to meet established deadlines;
- Ability to manage issues requiring problem resolution and conflict management with excellent interpersonal and intervention skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and internet use;
- Familiarity with tracking pixels and Google Tag Manager strongly desired;
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Strong work ethic that demonstrates initiative, a focus on quality, and good judgment;
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and other analytic tracking tools preferred;
- Interest in animal protection issues a plus.
This position can be remote or based in the DC Metro Area.
Submit your resume in Dayforce to apply.
- Gaithersburg, MD, USA
- United States