Outside Medical Sales - Respiratory DME
The Referral Development Manager (RDM) calls on physicians and discharge planners, winning patient referrals for Inogen. Works to increase marketplace adoption of Inogen products, while exceeding customer expectations and providing a consistently high level of service. The RDM is an Inogen product and clinical applications expert and operates in close collaboration with other Referral Development Managers and the National Sales Director to achieve corporate sales objectives.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Procure new oxygen patient referrals to meet/exceed sales targets.
- Represent/promote Inogen product and services to referral community.
- Meet/exceed monthly sales call targets.
- Deliver/set up equipment when necessary.
- Keep detailed records of all sales activities and customer interactions.
- Provide/execute territory sales plan, including strategic and tactical approaches that will result in successful outcomes.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent presentation skills required.
- Oxygen referral experience with proven track record required.
- Must be a self-starter and deliver results with limited oversight.
- Experience working with the 65+ demographic a plus.
- Proven track record of successful team participation is required.
- Successful experience in identifying new referral opportunities desired.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multi task.
- Solutions-oriented problem solver.
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Associate degree in Sales, Technical, Business, Clinical, or related field of study, preferred.
- Clinical background/licensure (RT, RN), preferred.
- 2-3 years medical referral sales experience, required.
- Basic knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, required.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm;
The pay transparency policy is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf.
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Job Family Referral Development Manager (RDM)
- Job Function Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Insider
- Travel Required Yes
- Chicago, IL, USA