Accountants support financial reporting by ensuring transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP. They prepare and analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts to provide various metrics and analysis to management for decision making purposes. Accountants also prepare work paper support for information included in external reporting including footnotes and SEC filings. They assist with process improvement to ensure information and systems flows smoothly throughout the organization.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Performs basic month-end closing procedures including preparation of account reconciliations and creates manual journal entries.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform functions.
- Identifies unusual trends or erroneous entries.
- Assist in implementing procedures to streamline monthly closing and other financial activities.
- Ensures compliance with accounting policies and procedures across all company departments.
- Assist with various projects that are assigned to the Accounting Department.
- Perform a variety of month-end closing procedures including preparation of moderately complex account reconciliations and related journal entries.
- Analyze financial statement accounts, identify unusual trends or erroneous entries, and verify accuracy of transactions and balances.
- Develop and implement procedures to streamline month-end close and other financial activities.
- Evaluate and maintain asset and liability accounts.
- Generation, analysis, review and communication of financial data that reflects actual finance performance against budget.
- Complete assigned reconciliations of asset and liability accounts and provides detailed analysis for support.
- Research issues that flow through to the general ledger from subledgers and systems and interact with other departments as needed to resolve the root cause of any problem.
- Assist in formulating accounting procedures and new policies and the implementation of those systems.
- Assist with the review of lower level Accountants’ work.
- Offer, initiate and implement recommendations for improved efficiencies or stronger internal controls.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Guides staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess a solid working knowledge of GAAP.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Ability to analyze and interpret company financial data & reporting.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multi task.
- Solutions-oriented problem solver.
- Planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with different departments within the company.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Able to execute at a task and project level independently.
- Minimal supervision required.
- Ability to mentor/train junior staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of study, required.
- 6+ years’ experience in Accounting.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, financial accounting software and MRP/ERP Systems.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm;
The pay transparency policy is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf.
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Job Family Accountant
- Job Function Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Inogen, Inc., 301 Coromar Drive, Goleta, California, United States of America