Inventory Control Specialist I
An Inventory Control Specialist, supports the manufacturing, shipping, and repair teams by receiving, maintaining, transacting and delivering inventory. This position assists in the accurate and efficient handling of Inogen’s inventory.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Maintain a clean, organized work environment and conduct daily 5S activities (keep the factory clean, organized, improve workflow and detect problems.
- Follow safety guidelines, procedures, and demonstrate safe habits.
- Read and follow SOP’s and standard work.
- Processes inventory orders, logs items that have been received and items that have been taken from inventory, and moves product from the stock room or warehouse to the required location, and vice versa.
- Inspects shipments of new stock as they come in, checks to make sure orders have been filled correctly, and looks for damage; and makes arrangements to correct damaged or incorrect orders.
- Perform picking, receiving, put-away, and cycle counting tasks.
- Support manufacturing by replenishing parts to the point of use.
- Operate material handling equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks).
- Manage material movement using visual tracking to ensure production material is available.
- Identify and solve problems in the work area with management team.
- Perform transactions in the ERP system and use a computer for basic tasks.
- May be required to operate a light/medium duty 26 ft box truck, for transportation of materials and assist with loading and unloading of the materials.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work from written instructions, wiring diagrams, etc.
- Familiarity with ISO policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with ESD procedure.
- Customer Service oriented.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to analyze, conduct and comprehend basic mathematical tasks.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with different departments within the company.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Operates at a task level.
- Substantial supervision required.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
- 0-2 years of experience in in a warehouse/distribution environment, required.
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license and the ability to lift 50lds. Able to pass a motor vehicles (DMV) background check and vehicle insurance history check.
- Able to successfully pass annual Drivers Safety Course specific to box/delivery truck education.
- ERP System knowledge, preferred.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally
protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm;
The pay transparency policy is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf.
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Job Family Inventory Control Specialist
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Richardson, TX, USA