Regional Transportation Management Centers Operator I
Tampa, FL, USA Req #87
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Iteris is a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations and has been for more than 15 years. We have a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost-effective to operate.
We are paving the way to the future of transportation and we want you to join us on this important journey.
What you will be doing:
The Operator I position is the entry level position in the RTMC. Operators are responsible for monitoring roadways in the Tampa Bay area, with the purpose of detecting, confirming, and responding traffic incidents including crashes, roadwork, congestion, etc. Key functions of the Operator include scanning CCTV feeds, monitoring data feeds, providing traveler information through posting messages on electronic signs, dispatching highway responders (Road Rangers), coordinating incident response, and documenting conditions in various systems.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Highschool graduation (or equivalent)
- Effective communication in English (written and oral)
- Proficient computer use; Ability to gain acceptable skill in Windows-based applications within allotted time.
- Ability to successfully complete initial training under the supervision of the Supervisor and RTMC Manager
- Sustained performance as additional knowledge and skills are acquired through “on-the-job” training
- Ability to coordinate real-time activities and priorities
- Scheduling flexibility and dependability (RTMC operations are 24x7 and all staff are Essential Personnel)
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skill
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function RTMC
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tampa, FL, USA