Shipping Receiving Clerk
Iteris is a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations and has been for more than 15 years. We have a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost-effective to operate.
We are paving the way to the future of transportation and we want you to join us on this important journey.
Iteris is seeking a Material Handler.
What you will be doing:
Responsible for shipment of product, receiving raw goods, moving material within the Oracle system, and helping in stockroom as needed. Receiving raw material, verify and record receipt, then move to stockroom. Responsible for the shipping process which includes reviewing picks for proper material, record part and serial number, package and ready for shipment. May also help in manufacturing processing product for shipment.
- Receive raw stock in Oracle and other deliveries. Review and verify shipping documents and route accordingly whether to the stockroom or for inspection. Notify others of deliveries received.
- Stockroom prepares orders for shipments and moves to staging. Shipping personnel will review picks for correct part numbers and quantity. Ensure entire shipment is accounted for unless otherwise noted. Package material for shipment. All serial numbers and part numbers to be scanned into warranty database.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly over flow warehouse. Shifts inventory back and forth between shipping area and warehouse.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of shipping materials including boxes, foam, tape, staples, etc.
- Maintain equipment, machines, and computers necessary to complete the shipping and receiving tasks.
- Coordinate with Fed Ex and UPS on shipments and equipment.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum one (1) year stockroom experience, receiving and material handling in support of manufacturing
- Shipping experience, working with UPS and FedEx
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Accuracy -- the extent to which an individual's work is correct and error free within company policies and guidelines.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Persistence -- the ability of the individual to continue in a course of action in the face of adversity.
- Patience -- the ability of the individual to display good-natured tolerance of delay or adversity, or not being hasty when acting under strain.
- Working under pressure -- the ability of the individual to maintain composure when exposed to stress.
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function Roadways Sensors
- Pay Type Hourly
- Santa Ana, CA, USA