Iteris is a pioneer and leader in transportation innovations and has been for more than 15 years. We have a long history of firsts in our industry, from developing statewide traveler information systems and connected vehicle technologies to traffic performance measurement and analytics software solutions. Our smart detection sensors – which can detect and differentiate between vehicle, pedestrians, cyclists and more – are used in one-third of all signalized intersections in the U.S. and are deployed in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Our 10,000+ customers, including state, local and federal agencies, traffic engineering departments, and commercial enterprise customers, look to Iteris as the “trusted advisor” for guidance on smart mobility best practices and ways to make intersections safer, less congested, and more sustainable and cost-effective to operate.
We are paving the way to the future of transportation and we want you to join us on this important journey.
Iteris is seeking an Assistant Planner.
What you will be doing:
Perform transportation planning or traffic engineering work in the development of traffic impact studies, parking studies, traffic safety analysis, traffic demand models, signal and/or stop sign warrant analysis, and conceptual design plans.
- Work with Senior engineers to assist clients in delivering on project needs.
- Define client needs and develop a plan and proposal for delivery of the project.
- Perform data analysis of traffic volumes, collision history, travel demand modeling, etc. using Synchro, Traffix, HCS, and/or similar tools.
- Prepare graphics/figures using GIS and Corel Draw
- Assist in the preparation of traffic operations analysis reports, traffic impact study reports, and traffic safety studies.
- Preparation of conceptual design plans (i.e., roadway, bike lane, pedestrian, transit) using AutoCAD and/or Microstation
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in transportation/planning or related field
- Familiar with tools such as Synchro, Sim Traffic, VISSIM (multi-model traffic flow simulation software package), AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred
- Passion for traffic engineering
- Strategic thinker
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- Home computer purchase assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Job Function Systems
- Pay Type Salary
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Santa Ana, CA, USA